If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, my name is Jason, I live in Sydney and am totally new to the hobby ( reef in tank) and am looking to set up a 20 gallon tank as simply as possible, I have had multiple freshwater tanks with lots of different fish however gave up the hobby a year back now I am back to start a coral reef this time :)
Welcome Jason. You might want to start a tank build thread so you can keep all of your progress and questions in one spot. A lot of us like to follow new builds. We have a forum specifically for new tank builds.

Hey yawl, Been about 5 years since I have been in the hobby and looking to dive back in. This sight has changed a ton and looks like my old account does not exist any longer. All good glad to be back and love see what yawl are doing.

Quick question, there use to be a tank of the month and I am not seeing that anymore. That was something I looked forward to more then coming home from work. Is the tank of the month still a thing and I am just not seeing it, or is it somewhere else now. Thanks for any help.

Hey yawl, Been about 5 years since I have been in the hobby and looking to dive back in. This sight has changed a ton and looks like my old account does not exist any longer. All good glad to be back and love see what yawl are doing.

Quick question, there use to be a tank of the month and I am not seeing that anymore. That was something I looked forward to more then coming home from work. Is the tank of the month still a thing and I am just not seeing it, or is it somewhere else now. Thanks for any help.
Welcome! @JohnL may be able to help you recover your old username.

TOTM is currently no longer on here. I forget the exact story, but I believe the main person who handled TOTM left and it kinda went to the wayside.

Welcome back. Yes, Skipper managed the TOTM and Reefkeeping magazine. When he got out of the hobby, we didn’t have anyone with the knowledge/skills willing to maintain it😞

Welcome, Jason! I personally have very little experience with mini reefs, but I’m sure you’ll get some great advice from others here. Best of luck!

You can look through the old TOTM's anyway..

Articles by Topic

Back