1.5" Silicone tubing source

AcroSteve

Make my Funk a P-Funk
I noticed that some of the Red Dragon pumps use some large silicone tubing for isolating the plumbing from vibrations. This seems superior to plain old flex PVC, and I would like to find some.

I have done some searching, but have not found a source for anything over 3/4" yet.

Anybody know where to get some with a 1-1/2" ID?

Moonpod on a different forum mentioned captiveoceans, but I can't find a website for them.
I use 1.5" bulkheads and then a bushing that shrinks down to 1.25" and then put some silicone tubing between a piece of 1.25" pipe and the 40mm outlet. Hoseclamps of course as well. I got some tubing from captiveoceans, but found that tygon 1.5" I.D. silicone tubing is VERY similar.

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14305144#post14305144 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by therealfatman
http://www.flexpvc.com/

They sell Flexible PVC pipe from 1/2" to 6" in diameter.

he is looking for silicone tubing not not spa flex...

have you tried ebay? i have been interested in finding some too...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14305144#post14305144 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by therealfatman
http://www.flexpvc.com/

They sell Flexible PVC pipe from 1/2" to 6" in diameter.

Thanks for the link. If I need some flex PVC, I might check them out.

I did check on ebay, but turned up nothing.

my local home depot had some of this for sale. have you checked at lowes and home depot around were you live? we also have ace hardware wich carries alot of starnge things.

that looks like regular vinyl tubing. the biggest i have seen is 3/4 inch for oil returns.

you can make your own using silicone tape, and a 1.5 in form.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14306981#post14306981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wife no likey
mcmaster 5114K51

clear tygon 1.5" ID w/ a 63a (soft) durometer - $15/foot

That looks like a pretty good find.

Thanks

I checked out the Cole Parmer link.... OUCH!!!

I don't think I am very comfortable making it with with self fusing tape, but that is an interesting idea.

I might go with the tygon from mcmastercarr, but it sure ain't cheap.

Back