10 years since I shut down my tank. Thinking about starting up again! $500 budget.

CIMulation

It's been 10yrs since I shut down my 90g setup. Checking back into the hobby, A LOT has changed with regards to equipment. I'm thinking about buying a 60g cube with corner overflow. I had 2x 250w metal halide lights with 48" t5 actinics over my 90g setup. From the looks of it, this equipment is outdated. I'd like this to be an sps tank. Aside from the tank, I have a $500 budget for lights, skimmer, and pumps. Is this realistic? What would you recommend? Any advice is appreciated! TIA

For 500 i think it would be pretty difficult. You can buy equipment as you go. You dont need a skimmer right away. Im running a 250w metal halide over my 60. Its perfect imo and relatively cheap to find used reflectors these days. A single led setup would put you at or beyond your budget depending on the brand etc. Rock,sand,salt, rodi(if u dont have one)can be 200-300easily. Just look on the forums for used equipment and pick up stuff as you go

Definitely doable depending on what size tank you are looking at. Used equipment is definitely a good way to go. I still run mh and T5 over my 65. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back