10g new pics

mwoneal

Some new shots.

zoas_gsp.jpg

toadstool.jpg

palys.jpg

fts.jpg

those yellow polyps on the center rock is the most yellow i've ever seen them. very nice colors on your zoos and palys

Thanks for compliments. It's not the greatest picture of the yellow polyps with all the light bouncing off that white piece of rock.

Chaloupa, those are one of my favorites as well, when I got it from the LFS it was just a single polyp that had attached to the empty snail shell. I put it on the bottom of my tank and didn't pay it much mind, then noticed the other day that it had multiplied in to 5 different heads. I glued it to the piece of LR in the pic, I'm hoping it will continue to spread.

Hey Mark...ya I bet you're hoping it will spread! Outstanding color..you'll have many people knocking on your door for a frag! (if I was local, or heck, even in the same country, I would be begging!!!)

mangus7175, thanks for the compliments, it has been a challenge to keep it open. I've had to remove some of my LR as I've added pieces with corals on them.

Chaloupa, funny you should mention that, I was in the tank doing some maintenance and realized that they have spread! The rock that the left side of the colony piece is resting on has a little colony of it's own w/ about 5 or 6 polyps.

K Mark...stick it in the mail and send it me, ha ha ha...seriously though, your tank is really nice...nice collection of corals....I'd be proud!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Reef Man, the main tank is a standard AGA 10g aquarium, and I have an AGA 5.5g in the bottom of the stand for a sump. I'm running a 50/50 quad tube in the Coralife Aqualight fixture. I drilled the tank myself for two 3/4" bulkheads to drain to the sump. I have a mag 2 for sump return. I started with small refugium in the sump, but got tired of numerous particulates in the water w/ no mechanical filtration.

refugium.jpg

I bought this used skimmer from LFS, and replaced the refugium with it. It has been great, skims out tons of crud. The water is a little low in this pic, I need to build some sort of ATO soon, right now just manual top-off.

sump.jpg

Maybe a little overkill, but I figure it will grow with me to the next tank! I have a single AQ 20 powerhead for circulation.

Jadams, the tank has been setup for 3.5 months.

Back