10g Refugium inside BC Stand?

forddna

Hello all. I want my new 29BC to be an ultimate mini reef. I want to do the very best I can with it. I'd like to put a skimmer in Chamber 2. So that leaves a fuge option being a hang on or remote.

I have an empty 10g tank with upgraded CF lighting. Nothing fancy, but it'll keep macroalgae growing. So I'd like to use this for a fuge inside my stand.

Have any of you done this? Is there any advice you can offer? Also, how did you do it?? I've never worked with a remote sump or fuge..

Yes! He's my newest addition. He has a Grade A Picasso mate. He's about 4 months old, and the Picasso is about 6 months old. :)

wooow thats insane, he should be stuffed and donated to the museum lol J/K very cool..., O in the DYI thread i think there is the mods for your style of tank that you are looking for.

A ten gallon won't fit inside of the BC 29 stand. That is of course, if it is a standard ten. Now then if you can put the tank behind or to the side of the 29 then you are back in business. I don't know if they can be drilled or not so I would think you would have to use a HOB overflow.

Not in my stand it wont. My BC 29 stand measures 18x19 at best. My ten gallon tanks measure 20 1/4".

Back