12 jbj

Jim.mer

I'm setting up a 12 JBJ, I've had the tank for awhile. I was thinking about upgrading the lights but can't afford it. There is always something else that needs to be taken care of, Any way I've done some mods to the tank.

I upgraded the return pump to a MJ 1200 and put the stock pump in the first compartment, 5 inches off the bottom, drilled a hole in the false wall for the outlet. I didn't want power heads cluttering up the sides Put a DIY ATS in the middle compartment and attached a light to the back.

I'm not gonna upgrade the lights at this time, I'm also gonna create a rock wall using a Plastic Diffuser Grid with Pond Foam and attach Live Rock and Argonite, Going further I'm gonna make the rock using Cement, Argonite and Water Softner Salt, Using the drip method ( Taking a handful of the mixture and putting it in a mold and let it drip from my gloves)

So I set it up, It's circulating with water and Vinagar, My 1st problem is that the first compartment has a Waterfall in it and the pump in the bottom is blowing air in the tank. I know I have to restrict the Waterfall, But with what? A sponge, Live Rock, Plastic tray, face Cloth? what do you think?

Your overflow may not be able to keep up with those two pumps.. That's my guess... When you added the pump to the first compartment did you also modify it to allow enough water in to supply both pumps?

Back