120 Gal Build

Meefer Radness

Finally making the move to a little bit bigger tank!! Moving up from my 60 long to a 120! well actually 120 + a 40 gal sump. Right now just in the waiting to make enough water to fill the tank.

577695_497563173613887_820929478_n.jpg

Almost there. (kind of looks like i have a tv built in the back corner of the tank. )

Going to run an ocean runner and mag 7 pump for the returns with a skimmer. Right now im trying to think of a good way to get some makeshift filter sock holder on this 40 gal sump:

8CDC7022-0EBB-4378-AF4B-47846FD1E9CD-647-0000002F34FB3CDE_zpsa232b10b.jpg

I have alot of egg crate so im going to maybe attempt to make something. If anyone has any ideas im open to anything!

Running a Apex Jr with an extra Energy Bar 8. Other than that nothing special just some basic T5 lights. I get amazing growth with the T5's!

More to come!

Congrats! Nice looking stand! Love the 120 dimensions. You should get a canopy that matches. Are you trying to go without powerheads? Thats gonna be alot of flow going thru the sump... The overflows might get noisey. Anythings possible w eggcrate lol. T5's work great, just NEED replaced every 8 months.

Congrats! Nice looking stand! Love the 120 dimensions. You should get a canopy that matches. Are you trying to go without powerheads? Thats gonna be alot of flow going thru the sump... The overflows might get noisey. Anythings possible w eggcrate lol. T5's work great, just NEED replaced every 8 months.

I have a matching canopy i wasnt going to use it but i found 2 different mystery wrasses for an amazing deal so im going to set the canopy up and make it sit ontop the tank.

I plan on having 4-6 powerheads moving on the inside

Nice. I building the same setup now. Trying to figure out my overflows. What overflows do you have? Did you build them yourself? Thanks.

Nice. I building the same setup now. Trying to figure out my overflows. What overflows do you have? Did you build them yourself? Thanks.

The overflows came with the tank didnt have to put them in. Ill have to take a pic of the sump so you can see what im using plumbing wise. Will take a picture when i get home.

3-21-13

3-21-13

Heres what the sump looks like. Right side is going to have my returns left side will have the drains, skimmer, and some makeshift sock holder

8578050629_f84c13b2d0_b.jpg

8579153830_7153876e5a_b.jpg

Moving along need some more water! :spin2:
8578050089_9f5a1f3158_b.jpg

im almost there!! just a lil bit more water

i tired calling aquatica today to see if they have any more live black sand but no one called me back gonna try to call them tomorrow if so im gonna stop up and replace all my rodi stuff as well

thanks again for the tank and help hows the coral doing?

I can't get over how the 35 gallon brute containers look like they hold way more than 35 gallons when compared to the size of your tank.

Did you get enough water made for the tank?

not yet still chugging along. Yesterday my buddy came over and got a 29gal biocube after seeing my 14 so i had to give him some water. Im thinking by middle this week ill have enough water and everything flowing.

Im waiting for a Energy Bar 8 to come in from a fellow reefer but that's not looking till later in the week. Once i can get that I can start to slowly move everything over.

Looking for some live rock at the moment. Going to be posting some corals up for sale or trade starting to run out of money :facepalm:

Back