120 Gallon Rimless Tank Quote

shawnriv

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to purchase 120G rimless reef ready tank and was recommended to check out Miracles Aquariums. This is the emailed quote I received from them:

48x24x24" high rimless top aquarium

All edges machine polished

5/8" glass all around

Tempered bottom with 3 holes

Internal 3 sided rectangular black acrylic overflow centered on back panel

Shipping included to the depot in Seekonk for p/u

$ 1498.00

That price seems incredibly high without a stand. I'd like to know everyone's feedback and if they recommend anyone else at a better price.

Thanks!

That about right for custom tank builders. They are all pretty high.

Some will tell you otherwise, but check out glasscages. Im very happy with my tank from them.

I got a quote from DSA for a 120g with external overflow with 3 holes. Front panel starphire. $3450 shipped. Miracles quoted me $995 just for the tank shipped. And coast 2 coast was $2200 internal overflow and 3 holes drilled Prices are astronomical!

Dang, I don't have anyone to recommend, but I do know I am never going to custom order a tank! :lmao:

That price seams good for a custom tank. You could check Coast to Coast, guarantee they will be allot more. Or Reef Savvy. Miracles tanks are very nice.

My Reef Savvy quote for a Rimless 48l x 30d x 20h with Starphire front panel and Hybrid overflow was $1630.00. Stand was $1000.00 Local Pickup for me, so this is the route I will most likely go. Buy once, cry once!

My Reef Savvy quote for a Rimless 48l x 30d x 20h with Starphire front panel and Hybrid overflow was $1630.00. Stand was $1000.00 Local Pickup for me, so this is the route I will most likely go. Buy once, cry once!

I just got mine with similar dimensions (48x30x18). Once I calculated the costs for my stand and Synergy Reef sump, the price for an outstanding tank, which is the centerpiece, was reasonable IMO. And I agree "Buy once, cry once!"

Thanks everyone for the responses. I was looking into Vivid Aquariums because I know they have a really good livestock reputation. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I just got mine with similar dimensions (48x30x18). Once I calculated the costs for my stand and Synergy Reef sump, the price for an outstanding tank, which is the centerpiece, was reasonable IMO. And I agree "Buy once, cry once!"

"Buy once, cry once" - I like that! Lol. I'm going to give Vivid Aquariums a call tomorrow and see if they can do any better.

Check out concept aquariums in Canada. I just had a tank shipped to Louisiana from them and they are great people to work with. The tank looks great and the price was very reasonable compared to miracle and reef savvy. Price wasn't the deciding factor for me though since I planned on going with reef savvy but I just couldn't wait 6 months.

I got a coast to coast in part as they have a great cabinet builder. Custom stand to match the living room wood trim. Pricey. But my LFS has DSA 105s in stock that look real nice and I don't think are too expensive.

Back