12000K MH Question

mattnbecs

I currently have a mix of K in my tank (long story), with one 250W bulb being 14000K and the other being 10000K.

I was thinking of splitting the difference and getting 12000K bulbs, therefore compromising between the better coral growth achieved with a 10000k and the better look you get with a 14000K.

What is your experience with 12000K? would you recommend it, or do you have an opinion?

Also I saw this 12000k on ebay, and was wondering if it is too cheap to be true
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/250W-250-wat...rium-Bulb_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ220296353707

thanks

seapug

Premium Member
The 12K Reeflux bulb is my personal favorite and the Ebay listing says it's "similar" to the ReefLux, but knowing what I do about the differences between different brands of the same K rated bulb, there's no way to know if that one you are looking at will actually look the same as a Reeflux. The only way to know is to buy it and see if you like it.

NCNBilly

Black thumb reefer
Premium Member
I've purchased cheap MHs from ebay (hong kong) and my experience has been good. I have a 14K 150W HQI, it's pretty true to its color and has great intensity. Even if it loses half it's PAR in 4-6 months, another $8 bulb is just a click away.

mattnbecs

thanks for the input.

Seapug, do you buy you ReefLux on line or at your LFS? If on line, which store do you buy from?