120g Tank Show Off

TYAG

Good Day Everyone,

First i would like to say hello, I have been a member for a while and this will be my first big post :lol2:

This is my 120g w/60g sump

i have the following

Equipment/Hardware:

120g tank
60g sump
Vertex in sump skimmer
Speedwave 2640 Return Pump (approx: 2000gph at max flow, current setting 4 out of 6)
18w UV
6 bulb HO t5 light with timer (1 white, 1 purple, 4 blue)
2x150w heaters ( 1 as backup )
2x Hydor Koralia Circulation Power Heads (1150gph)

For Pics please see the following photo album:
http://s326.photobucket.com/user/rttctyag/library/Reef Tank

For a Full Tank View Video please follow the following:
http://youtu.be/zf9xoFfuvZU

There is currently the following fish:

Emperor Angle Fish (just changing color)
Foxface
Sailfin Tang
Coral Beauty Angle Fish
Purple Dart Fish
Zebra Dartfish
Pajama Cardinal x3
Orange Spotted Sand Sifter Gobby
A Bunch Of Crabs And Snails
Rock Anemone
Anemone Crab

I currently have 6 type of corals (not sure of all the names...lol)
sunburst
hammer
a type of mushroom
polyp's

all can be seen in my pics above.

I would be happy to answer any questions and or take any advice that you guys and gals can offer.

The Tank is currently about 1.5 years old and running great. I do weekly water changes and all parameters are all great. All corals where purchased as frags and have since grown to what they are now.

I will be starting to trim them soon once i learn the best way to frag them up, I will then be taking them to my LFS for others enjoyment.

all my fish where purchased anywhere form 1 to 3 inchs and have grown. My little baby (Emperor Angle Fish) was just larger than a quarter when i bought him, and now look at him he is growing up so fast...sniff, sniff.

I look forward to helping anyone that needs some thoughts or advise.

Thanks for reading my post.

Trevor

Tank looks good!Are you planning on keeping it softies?

I think you should invest in a wavemaker.The visual effect will be awesome!

Tank looks good!Are you planning on keeping it softies?

I think you should invest in a wavemaker.The visual effect will be awesome!

As of right now I'm just getting my feet wet with corals so I'm taking it slow but would like to expand to other types

what do u feed your coral beauty??? Currently having issues with mine not feeding and seems to have really low energy

what do u feed your coral beauty??? Currently having issues with mine not feeding and seems to have really low energy

I feed a mixture that contains the following

Brine shrimp
Myis shrimp
Plankton

Nori

Do you have other fish that might be preventing him from getting food? If you think there might be something wrong I would get him into a QT so it is easier to watch and feed him.

I was thinking a similar mix of fish for my 120. Do you find that they are all getting along pretty well? Did you add them all at the same time to make sure no one bullied?

I bought them slowly over time and added a few at a time, I bought them all small and allowed them to grow together.

My emperor angelfish was just a little bit bigger than a quarter when I bought him a year and a half ago

Hope that helps you

Back