125 Gal build questions please help

well i've started my list for items to buy listed below please provide feed back on it so i can make changes if needed:
1: VERTEX ILLUMILUX ALL WHITE DOLCE BIANCO 48"
2: VERTEX ILLUMILUX 50/50 ROYAL BLUE/WHITE MARINO BIANCO
3: VERTEX INTERNAL PINWHEEL SKIMMER 180
4: OCTOPUS TURBINE PUMP NORMAL SPINDLE 750 GPH
5: Premium Reef 100gpd 4 Stage RO/DI Unit maybe a 5 stage

If anyone can think of some other things i may of left off this list please let me know. Again thank you everyone that have provided help in the past and may in the future.

I've read good things about vertex skimmers, on my 125g I used a 55g sump and Bubble Magnus NAC skimmer. Couldn't be happier with the skimmer...

Yeah i really haven't heard anything bad about them. Now i am starting to think of getting a LED DIY kit from RapidLED looks like i may be able to get more for less money. Anyone good with the LED DIY that would know which kit i would need from them?

well finally started buying the things need for the start of the build for this tank. Going with the following:
1. Vertex 180 protein skimmer
2. tank for the sump unsure of the size it was used and is really old school with thick glass that can be drilled if needed later.
3. going with the AL SOL LED lights with the 60" mounting rack for now only getting two of the lights but i know alot of people are going to say i need more but only planning on doing live rock and coral on the ends to hide the overflows. Im also getting the the controller for the lights. everything i have read says that the light has a 30-36" spread.
4. Still trying to decide on the pump to use. Looking at a Finnex pump but dont know if they are any good or not.

As soon as i get started on this build i think i will start a build tread on here. that is if there is intrest.
5. Still designing the stand but haven't worked on that to much.

Back