125 Wide Ideas??

regina574

Hey everyone! You may have noticed that I have been coming around more and more the last few months. I have decided that I need your help.
This past year I purchased a 125 wide aquarium(72L x 24W x 17H). After doing so, our basement flooded and everything had to be torn up. While remodeling the basement, we decided to add in a fish room just for this aquarium. The good news is the drywalling is almost done, which means it is almost time to set this baby up!
I have been trying to work out a stocklist for a long time now, but am not having much luck. I am really open to anything (although I seem to favor angels). I am really not sure how to properly stock this aquarium.
So far I have a msx200 as my skimmer. I do not know what else you guys want/need to know to help me, but just ask!

So, the question is: How would you stock my aquarium? I am just looking for ideas and figured you people could help! Thanks!

Here is a pic from when I first got it and was seeing if I had enough lights. (Please don't mind the mess)
n1303303096_30245840_1723.jpg

I'd shy away from large angelfish considering they appreciate the up and down space. I think triggers would be a good mix as well as tangs considering they mostly swim more back and forth.

You could get a few dwarf angels in a tank that size, maybe even try a harem of flames. A lot of tangs would be appropriate for the sized tank, but you should stay away from the larger (naso, vlamingii) and aggressive (most acantharus).

Since you asked....

I would do the following if someone handed me a 125...In order.

Male and Female Bluejaw Trigger pair
Aussie Harlequin Tusk
Flame Angel
Black Velvet Angel
Chocolate Mimic Tang

What are your interests like? More aggressive, less, mixed, species, biotope, want any corals, couple big fish with lots of smaller fish or a few big fish?

I tend to lean toward anything angels. I also like the idea of a lot of smaller fish. I would also go for a tank with just a few big fish.
I really don't know what I want to do with this point and just want to get some other ideas.

Back