125g reef tank fuge sump question

JeffersonReef

Hi. I have a 125g tank and a 29g sump that I converted to a sump/fuge (contains live rock, live sand, and chaetomorpha).

I am planning on adding a second fuge for pods and additional macro algae, since my current 15g fuge under the tank really doesnt affect that much of my water volume (at least I dont think it does... I have a very slow water flow there, about 15 - 25 gph). I am stuck between adding a second tank (20-30 gallons) that will gravity feed to my sump return line or adding a large 30" Ecosystem hang on back fuge. Which do you think?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

-TJ

I have a 125G tank with a sump and I'm in the process of adding a fuge as well. I looked at the exact same things that you are and I decided to go with a 20G drilled tank that gravity feeds into the sump. I've got it all plumbed with PVC now and I'm just waiting to get the tank back from being drilled.

The hang on the tank ones (like the CPR aquafuge) are pretty nice, but I just like the idea of being able to see what is going on in the refugium. My tank sits against a wall and I'd never be able to observe the refugium back there.

-JB

How much did you pay to have the holes drilled? Who did it: glass shop or lfs? Thanks for the info!

-TJ

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7810456#post7810456 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jbrunken
I have a 125G tank with a sump and I'm in the process of adding a fuge as well. I looked at the exact same things that you are and I decided to go with a 20G drilled tank that gravity feeds into the sump. I've got it all plumbed with PVC now and I'm just waiting to get the tank back from being drilled.

The hang on the tank ones (like the CPR aquafuge) are pretty nice, but I just like the idea of being able to see what is going on in the refugium. My tank sits against a wall and I'd never be able to observe the refugium back there.

-JB

There is a LFS here that will "have tanks drilled" for $25 a hole. My guess is that they just take it to a local glass shop, but I was too lazy to call around and find out.

-JB

Back