14 year old setting up a 65 gallon

You're right Nina51, I really need to invest in one now. Thanks droog, my sand sifting stars seem pretty cool. My Build My Led 14000k spectrum arrived today, I'm so happy!!!

Great to see someone new getting into the hobby! Welcome to the club!!

BTW - I have 3 BuildMyLED fixtures on my 120G - I LOVE them!!

I started young, also. Good luck to you. THere's a sticky up atop the forum entitled SETTING UP: it's a free book on how to, and contains specific numbers and step-by-steps which will help.

I see you mentioned wanting Zoo's as part of your stock list. Do yourself a favor and visit the zooanthid forum and read the "Palytoxin Poisoning" thread. They can be dangerous and I would hate to see something happen to a new comer because they had no idea of something like that. As with anything saltwater protect yourself when dealing with your tank.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck!

Well your tank probably already has ich because you added the inverts. That's just guessing you got them from a LFS and they have fish with the crabs. Be careful, but welcome!!!!

Congratulations! I am 15, and I have a empty 75 gallon sitting empty in my living room :) Good luck! People here are great, but can be blunt! Don't get offended, they are just trying to help...

Well your tank probably already has ich because you added the inverts. That's just guessing you got them from a LFS and they have fish with the crabs. Be careful, but welcome!!!!

it's possible but not probable. inverts can carry ich into a tank but the odds are slim. having said that, i have read a couple of posts from people who have had this happen so yeah, it's a good idea to qt everything wet.

most lfs keep their inverts separate from their fish, on a completely separate system as many of them run low levels of copper in their fish tanks.

it's unlikely and if you want to keep it that way, you will need to qt every single fish, including your first one(s). if you don't plan to do tank transfer and/or medications to ensure you have no disease, your fish should stay in qt for AT LEAST a couple of months. i know it's frustrating but better safe than sorry. IF you get fish that are diseased, dealing with them in qt/hospital tank is much easier than dealing with it in your dt!

Back