150 Gallon Peninsula in a Condo

You've done a fantastic job! Really impressive.

I've gotta give you a lot of credit for your hard work . . . I would've been totally devastated after the first tank disaster ( and I think my wife would've killed me ).

Kudos to you!

My girlfriend was also in shock, she was standing there at the same time; she ran to the bathroom and came back with a towel... Needless to say it wasn't big enough. lol[/QUOTE]

LMAO...geez i laughed so hard at this i woke up the house!!

nice build tho!! great job!

Thanks for the comments everyone here are a few more pictures. The tank now has water in it about 80%, I cant fill it anymore until I get my sump done and the plumbing in place, but I am cycling it like this for now.

A shot of the plumbing rough in.
2013-03-22%2022.41.02.jpg

The sand bed a mixture of aragonite and pink crushed coral
IMG_00000032.jpg

AI Sol lights mounted up, still have to put the wires together nicely.
2013-03-28%2021.04.46.jpg

Shot of the tank with some live rock in it to help the cycle, obviously not placed as it will be, its just temporary.
2013-03-28%2021.05.11.jpg

Shot of the rough idea for the sump, this is going to change a bit from this setup but the concept is here, should be done in a few weeks.
IMG_00000030.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone here are a few more pictures. The tank now has water in it about 80%, I cant fill it anymore until I get my sump done and the plumbing in place, but I am cycling it like this for now.

A shot of the plumbing rough in.
2013-03-22%2022.41.02.jpg

The sand bed a mixture of aragonite and pink crushed coral
IMG_00000032.jpg

AI Sol lights mounted up, still have to put the wires together nicely.
2013-03-28%2021.04.46.jpg

Shot of the tank with some live rock in it to help the cycle, obviously not placed as it will be, its just temporary.
2013-03-28%2021.05.11.jpg

Shot of the rough idea for the sump, this is going to change a bit from this setup but the concept is here, should be done in a few weeks.
IMG_00000030.jpg
Could you explain each compartment of the sump? Thanks. I enjoy the peninsula build.

I am really impressed with the stand, looks very modern and sleek. Sorry to hear about your loss with the previous tank, bravo for not giving up!

OK it is finally done, I still have some things to fix up, but its running great.

Start with a picture of the rock work
IMG_2589.jpg

Here is the sump, my design but built by JT. It looks great and is perfect. The entire front is a display which I think looks great. We have some macro algae on order and will give updates when its here. Right now just some rumble, chaeto, copeopods, ampheopods and rotifers.
IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

Hard to take a good picture of this, but here is the plumbing setup. You will also see I have mounted the APEX and power bars on the backwall as well as the MP40 controll and AI SOL controller.

IMG_2594.jpg

Very impressive, the setup looks unbelievable. You definitely took it to another level.

Back