150 gallon Softie Dominated reef

you should patent the veggie clip/algae magnet....nice tank too

Yeah - LOL! It also has a razor blade attachment to it as well... It's my multi-purpose tool to help keep my hands out of the tank. Feeds the fish, cleans the glass and scrapes coralline algae.

I have a purple ribbon gorg, purple brush gorgonian, a purple whip gorgonian, a eunicea species (corky finger) and a couple of others that I can't really identify. One is a red sea fan with white polyps that's on it's way out the door and the other is a small purple one with brown polyps.

Since I use a bright white light (only a little blue) most of them look browner than what they would look like under 20K or something.

Thank for the answer, I have always liked the combination of gorgonians and soft corals like yours, unfortunately I have always had problem telling apart the photosyntetic from the ones that aren't.

I hear you. I've always looked up the photosynthetic ones on Live Aquaria and other sites and decided on which ones would look nice to me. I must admit the red one that's on it's downward spiral is one that I couldn't identify and it's probably non-photosynthetic and it was an impulse buy (it was $10 and unmarked at the LFS) so I figured what the hell. I should have probably just left it there. Oh well - when we play God with our systems, you win some and you lose some I guess.

Back