170 Gallon Moonview Library set up

OK, so I feel that I have finally dialed in the pumps for maximum flow. This 6201, synched with the wavebox and the 4 6055s, has the tank rocking.

Here's a video I took:

The pumps are off, to lower the water level so you can see the flow at the waterline. With the pumps on, the wave action is the same, but with the canopy, you wouldn't see it in this video.

Thanks, guys. I am going to tweak it a little bit here and there, just to experiment on which waves/pulses give me the best surge.

That's one of the cool things about the ACIII programing. You can create a wave program that will work with any size tank, but then tweak the numbers to match the exact size and volume of the tank. One you dial it in, you can rock the tank. I have water sloshing over into my overflows. :)

OK, I managed to change out my lighting this weekend from the Solaris to the ATI Powermodule. From just the naked eye, the tank is much brighter and the colors in the corals stand out much better. I have the PM up as high as I can get it over the water, so as to prevent shocking the corals with too much light. I am also limiting the exposure time. I will try to take some pictures in the next day or two so that you can see the difference from te picture above.

I went with:
1 Fiji Purple
4 ATI Blue Plus or Aquascience 22k
2 ATI Aquablue Special
1 UVL Super Actinic

The real question for me is, in what order do you install them? Does it matter?

Grim is the T5 expert on RC. Post in the T5 thread in the reef discussion forum and Grim will give you some advice.

Im looking into the ATI's for my new lighting as well, but theyre just so damn expensive... :eek2:

I wish they made an 8 bulb SunPower, I dont know if ill be able to shell out the 1k for the 8 bulb PowerModule....

Cant wait to see the pictures....

Im looking into the ATI's for my new lighting as well, but theyre just so damn expensive... :eek2:

I wish they made an 8 bulb SunPower, I dont know if ill be able to shell out the 1k for the 8 bulb PowerModule....

Cant wait to see the pictures....

It is a really sweet fixture, but It barely fits into my canopy. It order to change bulbs and/or take the acrylic off, I have to take off the entire canopy. My wife, who never notices anything about my tank, told me tonight that the tank seems "cleaner" and "brighter". She has no idea that I changed out the lights. I sure hope the corals like it.

That's a really nice tank setup you have... Something to aspire to

Thanks!

Grim is the T5 expert on RC. Post in the T5 thread in the reef discussion forum and Grim will give you some advice.

Thanks. Great advice. Here is what I asked:

Grim,

I just installed a 8x54w ATI Powermodule over my tank. My bulbs are:

1 Fiji Purple
4 ATI Blue Plus
2 ATI Aquablue Special
1 UVL Super Actinic

Does it matter in which order you have the bulbs installed? It has two phases/modes. One mode has two bulbs on and the other has 6 bulbs on. I am using the two bulb phase for morning and evening. Which bulbs would you recommend I use in the two bulb phase?

Thank you for your input.

And here is the response I got back:

The Super Actinic and Blue Plus

Front
Blue Plus
Super Actinic
Aquablue
Blue Plus
Fiji Purple
Aquablue
Blue Plus
Blue Plus

Here are some new pictures with the new lighting. I don't know if the pictures show it, but the tank is much brighter and the colors are much more pronounced.

Attachments

• Misc 018.jpg
    Misc 018.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Misc 019.jpg
    Misc 019.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Misc 021.jpg
    Misc 021.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks. The difference between my tank today and the way my tank looked the day I finally removed the Solaris lighting is stunning. Colors, polyp extension, growth, etc. I have several corals, that I had pretty much written off, coloring up and staging a very nice come back.

I am going to be out of town for a few days, but when I get back, I will try to get some pictures posted.

Wow, time flies. It has been well over a year since I have been on RC and it appears it has been years since I have posted in this thread. I am still plugging along with my tank, corals are growing, the critters and fish are doing well, and the less I screw with everything, the better it does.

One of these days, I need to trim back a bunch of stuff and I will be posting to offer free frags to anyone that wants them. Please don't PM me now, as I am not ready. I looked at the main CMAS forum and I didn't see anyone I recognized. I know a couple of my ole buds have gotten out, but I hope most of you are still out there. :)

Hey Jim, Welcome back. Remember i met you at that petstore in the south loop, when i bought Most of the left over live rock.

Never met you but I do remember this thread. It was the first time I remember anyone trying LEDs (Solaris -- good times.) Welcome back!

Yeah, the Solaris was an expensive and painful chapter in my reefing experience. My ATI Powermodule has been doing great.

Back