180 Build

I have an SWC Extreme 180 for my system. Works like a beast, and no issues after a year. It used to cost $399 plus tax, but is now $375. Might be able to purchase tax free over their website. My last skimmer was the AquaC Remora HOB for my 40 gallon tank, so I really don't have too much comparative experience regarding in-sump skimmers.

If you want to purchase local, Age of Aquariums in Signal Hill stocks SWC skimmers.

Also be sure to check the used equipment forum, I had picked up a swc extreme 200 for 200$ used. If you are a bit handy my recommendation is to get a good used skimmer body with a crappy pump and just upgrade or repair the pump.

Thank you all for the help. I got an update on the tank.. looks like I'll have it within the next 10 days!

im not too sure about how their normal skimmers perform but i've only heard good stuff about their cones. if the 160 doesnt cut it for you then maybe the 180 lol but there's a bigger price tag on that.... 375 ish?
Yeah that's a little more than I'd like to spend at this point... I'll see if I can find one used somewhere.

I live in sylmar myself. As far as skimmers I have a modded asm g3 on my tank. Pulls all kinds of nasty stuff outta the tank. The best part is they are semi cheap. Sometimes you can find good deals on the used section on here (once you hit 50 posts).
I guess I should start posting a lot more so I can see that section.. I'll just have to hope I find something on Craigslist until them.

I have an SWC Extreme 180 for my system. Works like a beast, and no issues after a year. It used to cost $399 plus tax, but is now $375. Might be able to purchase tax free over their website. My last skimmer was the AquaC Remora HOB for my 40 gallon tank, so I really don't have too much comparative experience regarding in-sump skimmers.

If you want to purchase local, Age of Aquariums in Signal Hill stocks SWC skimmers.
That's my current dilemma... not having any experience with an in-sump skimmer. It's just a little different from my nano. I've been hearing good things about SWC so I'll see if I can get a deal somewhere if I can't find something used.

Also be sure to check the used equipment forum, I had picked up a swc extreme 200 for 200$ used. If you are a bit handy my recommendation is to get a good used skimmer body with a crappy pump and just upgrade or repair the pump.
I think that's what I'm going to try to do. Just have to get up to 50 posts!

Thanks again!

Back