180 gallon plumbing question???

blazzing_ray

what do you plumbing pros think of this...its my first time trying to plumb with pvc the inner pipes are the return outer are the drains nothing is glued yet so let me know what ya think thanks
18BF4DE2-15D9-4EC2-A46E-4B520827317C-2384-0000011E4AC0F90C_zps0414d51c.jpg

The drains aren't going to be full siphon, so I would upsize them as you're going to have a mixture of air and water in the drains. I'm also not a fan of 90s, but your setup should be fine. On the return above the valve, I would remove one of those 90s and go from the elbow above the valve over to the elbow before the Tee. You may also want to look into using a 45 above the valve and then a 45 below the Tee if you have room to reduce one more 90. Remember, every 90 bend results in head loss and you have at least 6 per run for the return.

But those are just my suggestions.

yeah wayne im geting a canopy made it should be done in a few days geting the rest of my dry rock this week so i hoping this weekend to do the switch

question since i have the returns facing towards the center whats the best way to get flow in the corners of the tank?

You may also want to consider adding at least 1 union below the valve on the return side so that it will be easier to remove the pump for replacement or just maintanence. Also, hard plumbing all the way to the pump can lead to noise due to vibrations. Some folks will use some flex pvc or vinyl tubing from the pump up a short distance.

i here ya wayne i thought of that so i put the tee almost dead center of the returns and not thinking i did this with out my sro 3000 skimmer in the sump now i have to move the long drain but dont know what to do only way i can see is to add 4 more 45s to go around it

Back