180g PC swap to LEDs ...ADVICE NEEDED!

casshoward

Running PCs ... considering "upgrading" to LEDs

Set-UP: 180g (72x24x24), acrylic bow, with shallow canopy. There is a wooden support beam dividing the canopy in half with two lift-up lips (only the top surface lifts up). The maximum internal width on each side of canopy is 33". Current PC fixtures (approx 18" long) are mounted under each canopy lid.

Excessive heat has always been an issue, therefore running PCs for years (no halides). Wanting more vibrant coral colors and growth (currently softies and LPS) and wanting to add SPS.

Considering a switch to LEDS. Read lots of info on DIY set-ups but not well versed in this area. I want a long term solution, not interested in swapping out fixtures every year.

Any recommendations of reliable, quality fixtures for my set-up? :confused:

I was in your exact shoes 8 months ago minus the canopy. I bought a set of led lights from aquatraders. It was 3 whites to 1 blue, zero other colors. Well I saw very little growth. Did a ton more research. Im cheap so I went with 3 dim able led light fixtures that are FULL spectrum. Red multiple whites and blues green and uv. Have seen good reviews. Got mine in today and they look great. After 5 hours on the 3 fans were silent and the unit was cool to the touch. You have a lot of research to do. 525 bucks shipped to my door. 200 more than my aquatraders lights. Whatever you do research and ask,ask,ask.

? 180g reefers running LEDs ... any thoughts?

? 180g reefers running LEDs ... any thoughts?

Woud love a little additional feedback.... any takers?

Ecotech work well. If want the MH look kessils are amazing. My LFS has a similar setup covered in AIs they have zero regrets and since put them on every system they have. Much be a good option.

We just setup our 150g, only 2 months so far. Up graded from a 60 cube.

we are using ACCAN prisim lighting. 3- 18" fixtures. The control panel has many options and one can also custom the lighting mode and brightness.

Also added 2 LED strips, by ECOXOTIC Panarama Pro and they are amazing that come with the built in dimmers.

ALL,

Thanks for the advice. I see I have more research to conduct! However, I remain optimistic.:spin2:

Cass

Back