200G DD tank and gear FS or trade for SPS

insomniac2k2

I'm minimizing my tank size a bit, as well as switching to a garage sump. This means that I have some reasonably nice gear to sell. To be honest, I'd rather trade for some high end SPS and zoanthid frags. So if you have the need for another tank and have too many SPS, we need to talk!

Here's what I'm offloading

Marineland 200DD tank w/ stand and canopy - 3.5 years old
Elite Equatics custom sump (this is a very nice $450 sump) 2 years old
Red Sea C-Skim 1800 with almost brand new upgraded needle wheel pump (PSK-2500). Also have a few extra needle wheel pumps as backups that go with it.

Just FYI. Most of the tank is broken down and waiting for my new tank to arrive. Basically, what I'd like to do is drain it and hand it over to someone (At least you know it doesn't leak right!??). I just don't have the free space to store it. Obviously this will require a phone call to coordinate. The good news is that the tank is 10 feet from my double door front entry and right into your pickup :)

The tank has no issues or scratches. The stand has a touch of "water damage " on the bottom (inside). Right next to where the sump was. From salt creep likely. Its small and only cosmetic.

Attached are a few quick snaps of the gear. If no one wants to trade for coral, then i will throw some price tags on them.

Attachments

• IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0477.jpg
    IMAG0477.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
Price tags it is.

Tank/stand/canopy $400
Sump $150 (sump has built in probe, sensor, and ATO holders)
Skimmer w/ spare aerator pumps $75

My tank should be arriving in the next day or so. I will drain and transfer sometime shortly after water testing, plumbing the new one.

PM for questions, etc.

Price drop on Tank/Stand/Canopy - $300

Tank is arriving today. Need to make space as soon as possible. Hopefully I will be transferred by this weekend (or so).

In case someone doesn't know the dimensions of a Marineland 200 DD. It is 48x35x28.

I have received a few questions regarding the tank and stand, so to save any future PM's, here was my reply:

The stand is in good used shape. I tried to take some more pictures, but my lighting is TERRIBLE in my front room. Basically the stand has small areas where a little paint rubbed off here and there in the regular places. otherwise, there is not visible water damage anywhere on the outside. The tank is starfire and has no known scratches anywhere.

The closeup makes it look much worse than it is, so to gain perspective, look at the other 2 pics. If it mattered, a little semigloss touchup would make it look pretty darn new.

Attachments

• IMAG0503.jpg
    IMAG0503.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0505.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
What kind of overflow you got on that thing? I ask because I have a 200DD sitting in my garage that has never seen water, and one of the things I want to do is remove those clunky "megaflo" ones that come standard.

Anyone who wants a good sized tank, $300 is practically impossible to beat especially with the stand involved, a 4 foot by 3 foot footprint is a super fun size which gives you that feeling of large tank without having a massive wall being taken up by your tank, I had an acrylic 180 that had similar dimensions.

Hi,

Yeah i'm shocked that someone hasn't bitten yet. I'm wondering if people must think it's just damaged because i priced it so low? I just want it out of my house sooner than later :)

I still have the megaflow overflows, but I ended up running Herbie. 1 on each side. When tuned, you can get the herbie virtually silent. You first area of concern, regardless of what overflow you run is the overflow teeth. They are too narrow. I widened mine right away, to accommodate an actual overflow rate we would want, as well as some algae buildup here and there.

What kind of overflow you got on that thing? I ask because I have a 200DD sitting in my garage that has never seen water, and one of the things I want to do is remove those clunky "megaflo" ones that come standard.

Anyone who wants a good sized tank, $300 is practically impossible to beat especially with the stand involved.

I have corals that I could trade you. Only problem is I am in Redwood City and can't make it out to Concord.
Cheers! Mark

Just bumping to let you know my progress.... My tank arrived with scratches. My replacement tank should be here tomorrow. Then I will be starting up the process again.

My replacement tank arrived and I have now swapped tanks. The 200DD is now drained and in the middle of my front room. The wife loves this :)

$250 to get this thing out of here ASAP. You wont beat this deal!

As stated before, id much rather trade for some nice SPS frags though...

Just bumping to let you know my progress.... My tank arrived with scratches. My replacement tank should be here tomorrow. Then I will be starting up the process again.

Attachments

• IMAG0588.jpg
    IMAG0588.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
Bump

$100 for tank/stand/canopy to get it the heck out of my living room. At the moment, its drained and moved out of the way. If I have to go through the inconvenience of moving it to my garage and cleaning it up, the price goes up and it gets posted on CL.

Last call

My replacement tank arrived and I have now swapped tanks. The 200DD is now drained and in the middle of my front room. The wife loves this :)

$250 to get this thing out of here ASAP. You wont beat this deal!

As stated before, id much rather trade for some nice SPS frags though...

Attachments

• IMAG0595.jpg
    IMAG0595.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0597.jpg
    IMAG0597.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0599.jpg
    IMAG0599.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0600.jpg
    IMAG0600.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
Definitely doesn't hurt to ask. The whole reason why i offered this tank for so cheap was so that I didn't have to do all the extra work (removal, trucking, etc). Ironically, apparently almost no one needs or wants a great deal on a large tank in this forum at the moment. Go figure..

If I had more spare time on my hands and enough help, i would have been more than happy to truck the tank over to you, just to meet another reefer, but time is something i have very little of atm.

O well, never hurts to ask. I woulda been happy to offer a bit extra $$

Its the tank dimensions - Ive been painfully using the micro inch scale to find a spot where it will "fit in"; Ive even considered putting it in the backyard with fantails. very agonizing - the price is just awesome.

Free bump

Back