2015 CDP Awards

Reeferhead

Recovering Reef Addict
Premium Member
The 2014 CDP Awards will be announced at the Spring Swap. However, since the qualifying period for the 2015 CDP Awards will actually start one week before the swap, I would like to clearly layout all the details of next year’s contest so that you’ll all be prepared. All CDP transactions made at the Spring Swap will count towards the 2015 CDP Awards so start fragging now!

SLASH formalized its Coral Donor Program (CDP) about 5 years ago. To date, 156 SLASH members have participated in the CDP, resulting in the transaction of 826 coral frags, including 204 distinctly unique varieties. The success of the program is all due to our generous membership who understand that donating and receiving frags to the CDP is not only a great way to save a few bucks and provide a backup for their favorite pieces but it’s also a wonderful way to build friendships in the local reefing community.

Next year we’re stepping things up a bit. We're upping the ante on our annual CDP Awards with the largest prizes to date.

2015 Top CDP Awards

1st Place:
Title of 2015 Top Coral Donor
Framed Certificate to hang next to your tank and brag to all your friends about ;)
$250 Shopping Spree to Premium Aquatics

2nd Place:
That feeling you get when you realize if you’re not first you’re last :lol:
$100 Shopping Spree to Premium Aquatics

3rd Place:
Pat on the back
$50 Shopping Spree to Premium Aquatics

4th Place:
willy-wonka-you-get-nothing.gif

The Rules:

The qualifying period for the 2013 CDP Awards is 3/23/2014 to 2 weeks prior to the 2015 Spring Swap (3/1/2015). All transactions made after 11:59pm on 3/1/2015 will count towards the 2016 Awards. Points will be calculated as follows:

1 point for every regular CDP donation + 2 points for every new Original Coral donated + 1 bonus point for every 3-frag obligation completed during the qualifying period.

3-frag obligations can be completed by donating to the Swaps’ raffles. However, please ensure you check these donations in at the Swaps’ CDP Tank in order to get credit. Also, please remember you will not receive actual CDP points for corals donated to the Swaps’ raffles, only credit towards your 3-frag CDP obligations.

Starting after the 2014 Spring Swap I will regularly update this thread with the point standings. Please check my math and let me know of any discrepancies ASAP.

Now start fragging and let’s fill that CDP Tank up at the Spring Swap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Also, everyone please take special note that the point calculation for the 2015 awards is a little different than in years previous. Contest points will not be deducted for receiving CDP corals. So feel free to donate and receive without worrying about your standing in the contest dropping.

I still have more transactions to update from the swap. I'm waiting on additional info and pics from some folks (you have PMs on slachclub.org) and some user account info for new members. However, here are the standings so far.

Tonblonga 9
Koddie Doo 8
BigDaddyTodd 5
Nickosha 4
smoothdog 4
ItzJustinN 3
Abbott 2
mustanglver98 2
panaboy 2
Stephnewman 1
twiggyb 1
Mr d smack 1
Abbott 1

I logged several more transactions. Still waiting on info to finish them up.

Koddie Doo 11
Tonblonga 10
smoothdog 7
BigDaddyTodd 5
Nickosha 4
Abbott 3
ItzJustinN 3
mustanglver98 2
panaboy 2
Mr d smack 2
BTJack2 1
LadyR 1
Stephnewman 1
twiggyb 1
Abbott 1

Just for the record both Abbott's are one in the same. + 4 for me. Not that I will be able to keep up since I gave all my loose frags away for the noobs to enjoy!

I logged several more transactions. Still waiting on info to finish them up.

Koddie Doo 11
Tonblonga 10
smoothdog 7
BigDaddyTodd 5
Nickosha 4
Abbott 3
ItzJustinN 3
mustanglver98 2
panaboy 2
Mr d smack 2
BTJack2 1
LadyR 1
Stephnewman 1
twiggyb 1
Abbott 1

Wow! The horses are out of the gates fast this year. Did this set any kind of records?

From the sound of it the CDP tank probably did this go round. Still not sure I would bet against the favorites. I am personally just trying to have the most obligations met numbers, wanna keep growing the program!

Do you leave yourself off this list Nick? I really don't think that is right. You deserve a lot of credit for maintaining the program and being a big donor. I think the program is awesome. Give yourself some credit.

Just for the record both Abbott's are one in the same. + 4 for me. Not that I will be able to keep up since I gave all my loose frags away for the noobs to enjoy!

Good catch I think I forgot to carry a one when adding in the bonus points for 3-frag obligations

Do you leave yourself off this list Nick? I really don't think that is right. You deserve a lot of credit for maintaining the program and being a big donor. I think the program is awesome. Give yourself some credit.

Thanks man but the manager doing all the tracking and calculations should be neutral. I think I have like 20+ points right now though. LOL!

Back