240 has to go

Warnberg

Ok all, I need to get this tank out of my living room. Look in my gallery for pictures.

I have a 240 gallon Tall Tenecor Tank, black acrylic stand and hood, plus a custom 5 foot sump....

Dave

Damn! I was hoping it was April fools since I just bought a tank down here. Now I'm having buyers remorse : (

Good luck with the sale. That's a nice set up.

Roger, Just the tank, stand, sump, hood, plumbing and 1 pump remains... everything else has been sold off.

showphoto.php

There is a picture of it when it was first setup with the moon lights on....

What condition is everything in? Dimensions of the tank? Can you get a picture that gives a good idea of the style, condition, etc of the stand and canopy?

Edit...just looked at a Tenecor website. It is 96x18x30?

Amanda, changing your mind again? I thought you were doing a 37g? This is the tank I mentioned to you when you were looking for a large tank.
Sue

Amanda, it is the tenecor 96x18x30, there are no blemishes in the stand, the hood has one small crack in the front right corner, it is unnoticeable unless you really go look for it, there are two 3 inch hols in the top of the hood for fans. The tank itself is in excellent condition, there are a few small scratches in it but you can not see them when the tank is full and they are small enough to be polished out if you so desire. I do have a complete acrylic care kit that will go with it all.

It will need a little clean up, I would spend a day in the yard with a hose to clean it up real good and maybe hit a few spots to do some light polishing before setting it up. I'd do it myself but do not have the man power around here to get it moved out and moved back.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Turned in your taxes yet? Sounds like it could be a $10,000 tax write-off if donated to a school! :rolleyes: ...sorry, I always have to throw that in there, huh? Those damned begging teachers!!!

*bump*

What sort of lighting did you use? I'm looking for a big tank (8' would be best), but want to light with halides, and the canopy doesn't look tall enough.

Danielle

You are correct, Halides will not work with the stock hood. I started off with T5's, than I built a temp wood hood for halides. 4 250's worked well. I got an estimate of 450.00 to have a custom acrylic black hood made for the tank that would accommodate halides.

Back