24g Nano Cube Lightning Reccomendation

Mordoff

Hey guys, first time in five years that I've been on here. Needless to say a lot has changed since I've been involved with aquariums. My dad has has a 24g nano cube running for about 7 years and as of right now its running some type of LED hood that he bought for an insane price about 5 years ago. It has a mix of blue and white LED's but the blue ones haven't been working for about 6 months now. I think this is causing some algae issues and bleaching issues with the corals. I've been looking around a bit on Amazon and other aquarium related sites and it seems like the prices of LED lights have dropped quite a bit so I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations on a decent light for our 24g. We only have LPS and soft corals in there at the moment so we don't really need anything too crazy but it would be nice to find something around $150-200. My dad likes the idea of getting rid of the hood on the 24g all together and getting some sort of pendant lights or something of the sorts. Any recommendations would help a lot. Thank you!

Hey guys, first time in five years that I've been on here. Needless to say a lot has changed since I've been involved with aquariums. My dad has has a 24g nano cube running for about 7 years and as of right now its running some type of LED hood that he bought for an insane price about 5 years ago. It has a mix of blue and white LED's but the blue ones haven't been working for about 6 months now. I think this is causing some algae issues and bleaching issues with the corals. I've been looking around a bit on Amazon and other aquarium related sites and it seems like the prices of LED lights have dropped quite a bit so I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations on a decent light for our 24g. We only have LPS and soft corals in there at the moment so we don't really need anything too crazy but it would be nice to find something around $150-200. My dad likes the idea of getting rid of the hood on the 24g all together and getting some sort of pendant lights or something of the sorts. Any recommendations would help a lot. Thank you!

Look at the 10" Reefbar Pro from 21ledusa.com. I'm running two of them over my 32 gallon cube in the stock hood, they look great and the whole setup was only about $130 including the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the 10" Reefbar Pro from 21ledusa.com. I'm running two of them over my 32 gallon cube in the stock hood, they look great and the whole setup was only about $130 including the controller.

Wow those are super affordable. Any suggestions on which ones I should get? Im guessing a mix of blue and white?

Wow, we're on the same boat, left about 5 years ago when LEDs were kicking off, come back to LEDs being so cheap and everything different.

Anyways, there are some really nice "black box" LED fixtures on amazon that grow coral really well.

I think BRS did a segment comparing these China brand LEDs to some of the name brands. It was a long video that I didn't finish though...

Other suggestions may be a Kessil A160 or AI Prime

7b1afd7a4189a66dcef078eb5f3cb7d8.jpg

There's a picture of mine under the Reefbar Pros. Like I said, they fit under the stock hood so it keeps it very clean looking and the tank stays covered. You can see how good the hard corals look under that light as well. Those zoas at the front look like because the clown won't stay out of them lol

fwiw i just went kessil 160we and love it, however the desire for the controller makes it pricey

If i'd have done some more looking around I may have gone AI instead, but i absolutely love the look of the Kessil. I made my own arm to hold it for about $15 and integrated two blue moonlights from my old nanocube hood. I'll post pics when i get home tonight.

I have a kessil A150 ocean blue for sale if anyone is interested? I got me the AI prime HD and I love how versatile it is and the color change you can do. Much brighter than the Kessils.

Back