250g Calcium Reactor suggestions

lolgranny

The DQ King
Afternoon fellas!

Putting together the "TO GETS" list for my 180 and im looking at reactors. Im stuck on which to get. I have a buddy who has a AquaC RX1 setup who took down his tank, but i havent seen many reviews on it. I also have another guy who has a GEO624 setup he is selling. Im basically stumped on which to get. I could also do a reef octopus 2 chamber reactor. Im looking for suggestions and what YOU would get if you had a 250g water volume (180g tank) filled with sps.

Have a spendid weekend homies

Dave

All are good reactors, but I would probably go with the Geo because it hold more media than the others. I own a Geo and service has been fantastic.

I was sold on GEO as well, question now is. GEO618 or 624. I was leaning toward the 624

Also, with setup since these are out of sump reactors do i basically run a inlet line to the pump / drain line to the skimmer section and im dont.

I think the 618 will be all you need. Mine keeps up with my system with ease. I replace my media every five months. You could go with the 624 for redundancy but IMO it would be overkill.

I feed my reactor from a manifold from my return pump. You could see the valve for the feed on the right side.
DSC05857.jpg

I think the 618 will be all you need. Mine keeps up with my system with ease. I replace my media every five months. You could go with the 624 for redundancy but IMO it would be overkill.

Thats kind of what i was thinking, but i will have the 180 packed with sps and a 36"x18"x18" prop tank so i thought maybe go with the larger of the 2 :spin1:

Thats kind of what i was thinking, but i will have the 180 packed with sps and a 36"x18"x18" prop tank so i thought maybe go with the larger of the 2 :spin1:

You can never go wrong with a larger one.

Go bigger. Once you tank gets filled with SPS your demand will be huge.

Back