250W MH DE bulb recommendations - no supplementation currently

BraenDead

Hello all,
I've been looking at changing bulbs recently from Phoenix 14k to something else. Perhaps I'll end up sticking with the Phoenix bulbs but I wanted to see what some recommendations would be for a 250W DE MH bulb on a 75g mainly-SPS system with no supplementation?

I run the Lumatek electronic ballast that switches between 250W/250HQI/400W/400HQI. I guess I could run SE or 400W SE/DE bulbs with this as well, but would need need different pendants.

Thanks!

Bob

Stick with the Phoenix. I started with that and am running an xm20k now.
Will go back to Phoenix when time to change.

They look similar, growth better with Phoenix

Those saying Phoenix - take a look at the posts by Member No. 1 - it seems that the Phoenix may not be produced much longer, if at all.

Bob

I am hearing from one vendor that phoenix has a new batch of bulbs coming in the next few weeks. Not sure if its accurate or not, but just what I am hearing. It's also very possible that they will be different than what we've come to expect of Phoenix. Regardless, I ordered some Phoenix bulbs today. If I have issues with Phoenix, I suspect I'll go SE Radium's.

Bob

And, I just got an update from the vendor that Phoenix is in fact not coming out with any new bulbs. Looks like I may be switching to Radiums...

Bob

Yup - I'm going to be switching to Hamilton SE Pendants (Bali Sun). At least with the SE pendant and my variable watt ballast, I can easily switch up to 400W radiums, should I so desire.

Bob

Back