25g Cube

STsONpERs

Well after getting a good deal in a Mr. Aqua 18" cube, I found an deal on a 40b that i couldnt pass up.

After deciding to setup one in my office and one in my den my wife gave me the AWESOME news that Im going to be a father!:dance:
This will be my first kiddy and I dont think that setting up 2 tanks with a baby would be the smartest thing.

So since I have more equipment for the 25g im going to set that up and throw the 40b in the garage for a later date. Anyway ill keep this thread updated but it might not be the fastest build you ever witnessed.

Tank - Mr. Aqua 18" cube 25g

Stand - Biocube stand that the tank fits on perfect

Overflow - glass-holes nano with teeth and 1/2" return

Sump - Mr. Aqua 12" cube, Not the biggest but about as big as I can fit under the stand and it helps that I already have one set up so the switch will be easy.

Skimmer - Tunze 9002

Return pump - Ehiem 1250

Heater - Jager 150w

Flow - MP10 that will be placed on the back panel

Lighting - AI sol with controller

ATO - Tunze Nano ATO

Dosing - I will be manually dosing for the first 6 months but once it gets closer to the due date I will be making sure that the tank can run itself if needed.

I will be using red sea and Hanna for testing until the tank is a stocked then I see an Apex in my future, I will also run either a phosban or BRS reactor for GFO ect.

Still undecided if i want to run bio pellets though, not sure how beneficial they will be for me and if the cost is worth it.

Ill add pics of what I have a my little 12" nano since we all know threads are worthless without pics:spin1:

The red is what I already have and I will change the color once I purchase the items, Im not dead set on anything and always appreciate any input.
The tank will be a mixed reef but will probably, like all my tanks have turn into a full blown sps tank.

Thanks for reading and even though this build might be slow, at least it will be done right ;)

Awesome dude, congratulations! Three years back my wife fell pregnant with twins at the time i had a 90g in the living room, it was noisey and my wife mentioned so as she was falling asleep on the sofa alot. Obviously i used this as an excuse to upgrade! i built an in wall 187g with outdoor fishroom, it was awesome! 2 years later and i found myself pulling it down to set up a nano as i didnt have enough time to spend on the tank because i wanted to spend it with our toddlers! my point is that i think your making the right decision setting just one system (even though i know nothing about your circumstances!) i know how time consuming children are.

If your anything like me, youll love the nano, and your love being a dad even more!

ill be following this one,

Cheers, Mark.

Congrats man!
Thank you sir!

I love my cube, shame I gotta take it down though, moving SUCKS!
Thats the reason why i wont be setting it up for a couple months since at the end of August ill be moving, down the street but still moving.

Awesome dude, congratulations! Three years back my wife fell pregnant with twins at the time i had a 90g in the living room, it was noisey and my wife mentioned so as she was falling asleep on the sofa alot. Obviously i used this as an excuse to upgrade! i built an in wall 187g with outdoor fishroom, it was awesome! 2 years later and i found myself pulling it down to set up a nano as i didnt have enough time to spend on the tank because i wanted to spend it with our toddlers! my point is that i think your making the right decision setting just one system (even though i know nothing about your circumstances!) i know how time consuming children are.

If your anything like me, youll love the nano, and your love being a dad even more!

ill be following this one,

Cheers, Mark.

I think you are right, I have wanted to be a dad for a while now and the news couldnt have come at a better time!
Ill keep updating the thread as i go, need to grab my camera back to snap some pics!

Thanks for the congrats guys, welcoming a baby into the world is certainly going to be a new experience for me!

Back