27 clowns in the same tank 27 months~Thread of the Month

mobert

Well, my babies are growing up. They are hard to count but I don't think I've lost any. I have seen one that looked a little less vibrant than the others but upping the feeding seemed resolve the issue.

current shot:
3913DSC05079__Small_.JPG

baby picture:
3913BabyPercsRose112405-med.JPG

for more pictures and information on my tank, click on my little red house.

Most of the Percs are small for their age. A few are 2 and a half inches but some are still only an inch big. You can see the guy who had issues in the following picture. He wasn't one of the smallest fishes so it must have been a dominance thing.
3913DSC05043__Small_.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11266243#post11266243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SNAKEMANVET
That is cool to see that many clowns in one tank, how much longer will you keep them in that tank.

no plans on ever changing the tank. I have it on VERY wet skim direct to house sewage and top off with salt water. Nitrates are at around 5.

earlier shots for those who missed them:
3913DSC04705__Small_.JPG

3913Babies10Weeks__Medium_.JPG

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to mess around in that tank, my 2 clowns are enough for me, trying to bite when you get too close to their overflow box.

THAT'S WHAT I WANT!!!

Awesome man, congrats.

i'm aiming on doing exactly that when my gsm spawns...hopefully by then i'll have 4 or 8 nems instead of two :)

God, I love the sponge bob...tell me they hosted it...please tell me they hosted the sponge bob....lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11268772#post11268772 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by apayne
Great tank,

Are those all BTA's? That is just awesome!!!!

Aaron

all Rose and Green tipped bta's under under three 400 watt 20K XM single ended metal halide with two 160 watt VHO super actinics.

Probably 20 to 25 anemones.

thanks again for looking and the kind remarks.
3913DSC05029__Small_.JPG

Last edited:
That's one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen!
Killer pics.
It's so nice/refreshing to see a tank chock full of nems as opposed to the typical sps tanks(not that those aren't cool too)

Back