29 Biocube

solojrbb

someone gave me a new in the box 29 cube. I've never used it due to the fiter system being crap. I have heard rumors of modified filter system and seen a few with external fuges and sump. I really don't want that eye sore beside the tan unless I can help it. does any have designs or seen mods done to the regular system? I removed all the bio ball, but still not sure about the design even with out the bioballs, any ideas or success stories;.

I also have a friend who has run his stock for over 2 years. It's doing alright with some decent maintenance and responsible stocking levels it's been a successful system.

I was sort of thinking of a 29 sump for a 29 cube in a stand.water drains down to the first chamber with the skimmer, over the wall, to the bio-part (live rocks and such_) then the bubble baffles and gets returned back up to the tank. I'm just spit balling it, it will be mostly an lps, shrimp, blenny and gobie tank

I've always been a fan of big sumps. my 180, I turned a75 gallon aquarium into the sump and nursery for frags lolz

I use an inTank media basket in my 14g biocube. I keep sps, mostly across, with no problem...of course I upgraded the lighting. But in terms of filtration, I have chemo-pure elite and phosguard in the media basket. I also use, and replace every other day, filter floss.

Back