29 gallon reef move into biocube?

XtremeFromHell

As the title says, i have a aga 29gallon reef that has been running for almost 2 years now with great success. However i have started building a 55 gallon tank so i was thinking about getting a biocube 14 or 29 to take down my 29. And make my life easier with a biocube. what do you guys think about this and how would i go about doing so. like i would take out rocks and corals and fish and put them in seperate buckets. and then how do i get the sand from my current tank into the biocube?

I've got the NC28 PC, skimmer with Sicce 1.5, and MP10 and my temps were getting out of control even with house at 72.

You can probably get by if you are careful of in tank wattage and use some evaporate cooling fans, but the HQI makes it a close margin to needing a chiller.

From what I have read, just use a couple scoops of your existing sand to seed a tank full of new sand when you move everything over. Much easier that way, and less risk of destroying your water params stirring god knows what out of your current sandbed.

yeah thats what im going with. I will buy new sand and just take a few scoops from my existing sand bed and just transfer everything over. i cant wait.

You will need to have a fan blowing on the sump area to keep the temps down. I keep the house at 73°, without the fan or heater the tank temp went from 75.6° to 82° within a couple hours. Now with the heater set at 78° and and a fan blowing on the sump area it is staying within 1°.

My 29 gallon runs at 80
I'm hoping the nano cubes stays within 79 or 80. I'm doing a freshwater test right now. I set up the nc and filled it to check everything out, I placed a heater and set it at 75 and the water temp right now is at 79

Ive always used t5s this is my first mh.
In my 29 I have about 30 pounds of live sand. I bought a 20 pound bag I was thinking about going with a smaller sand bed. Both my clowns and my ywg love to dig a make a sand mess so less sand less mess :) lol

Back