30 Gallon Show Piece

angels are bad fish, look nice but eat corals. get a cool wrasse, they have good personalities. i would suggest the mystery wrasse. another option is a helfrichi firefish.

Avoid the 6-line wrasse in smaller tanks. It can lead to problems. Seams they tend to develope quite an aggressive personality if they are one of the larger fish an a small tank, like a nano.

I HAD one in my 30g tank. It was fine for 6 months and then it suddenly turned into Charles Manson. Tried to kill my occelaris clown. Had to remove it.

The 6-line is generally known as a very peaceful fish. My findings indicate this to be true, IF it is not the biggest fish and IF it's not in a small tank. If kept in a larger tank with some larger and more aggressive fish, it should remain peaceful. I guess they take on the personality of schoolyard bully when they figure out they are the biggest kid on the playground. But when confronted with larger fish, they remain quite docile.

Do some extensive research before buying ANY fish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11670329#post11670329 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KCZoanthid
Avoid the 6-line wrasse in smaller tanks. It can lead to problems. Seams they tend to develope quite an aggressive personality if they are one of the larger fish an a small tank, like a nano.

I HAD one in my 30g tank. It was fine for 6 months and then it suddenly turned into Charles Manson. Tried to kill my occelaris clown. Had to remove it.

I saw this exact behavior from my sixline. It was in a 30g tank also, but I actually watched it murder a talbot's damsel. He was a mean little bugger...

Back