30 Gallon Stocking List

matthewb01

Hey, guys so I've had my 32-gallon biocube reef for about 3 years which had one extremely aggressive ocellaris clownfish. I finally decided to move it to a 10 gallon so I could add more fish to the tank. Does this sound like a good stocking list? I feel like I should only go with 4 fish, but I am torn on what to remove from this list. The royal gramma is a must. The tank is mature with plenty of live rock, and successful coral growth. This is not my first reef but it is my first nano reef and I know overstocking can easily become an issue.

1. Firefish
2. Neon Goby
3. Yellow Watchman Goby
4. Tail Spot Blenny (will be added after the gobies)
5. Green Chromis
6. Royal Gramma (Last fish to be added)

Royal gramma is a really docile fish and should not be a problem. All bark but no bite. I would not *** the neon goby and the chromis.
Consider a smaller shrimp goby instead of the Yellow Watchman. Yellow watchman can turn brownish, uglier fish than the yellow color. Non one know why they change color, it is not gender. If you don’t know this to a search so you see the other color form of yellow watchman.

I added the firefish yesterday so that's one down. I'd love to go for a yasha goby, but I know they can be pricey. That's wild about the yellow watchman goby, I just did some research and have heard other people posting about their color loss. Very disappointing, because the yellow contrasts so well with the red and white of a randal's pistol shrimp.

Royal gramma is a really docile fish and should not be a problem. All bark but no bite. I would not *** the neon goby and the chromis.
Consider a smaller shrimp goby instead of the Yellow Watchman. Yellow watchman can turn brownish, uglier fish than the yellow color. Non one know why they change color, it is not gender. If you don't know this to a search so you see the other color form of yellow watchman.

One thing I heard though is that the color has to do with the sex and only female turn gray. Apparently someone had a male yellow and a female gray and when the male died the female slowly turned back to yellow, I'll have to do some more research.

I added the firefish yesterday so that's one down. I'd love to go for a yasha goby, but I know they can be pricey. That's wild about the yellow watchman goby, I just did some research and have heard other people posting about their color loss. Very disappointing, because the yellow contrasts so well with the red and white of a randal's pistol shrimp.

Go with a pair of Hi Fin Red Banded Goby (Stonogobiops nematodes). Close relative to yasha but less than half the price.

The randal's pistol shrimp would be right for them but too small for a yellow watchman goby. That one would need a tiger pistol shrimp.

Go with a pair of Hi Fin Red Banded Goby (Stonogobiops nematodes). Close relative to yasha but less than half the price.

The randal's pistol shrimp would be right for them but too small for a yellow watchman goby. That one would need a tiger pistol shrimp.

When I had my 120 up I actually had a hi fin before I took the tank down. Definitely a good cheap alternative but does not rival in color. I'm considering that, the yasha, and the wheeler's. One "prawn" goby I have also been looking into that doesn't have a relationship with shrimp is the flaming prawn goby. I have heard they're very difficult to care for though.

Flaming prawn gobies are tiny and likely don't live too long. Something to consider given that they are not much (if any) cheaper than yashas.

The hi fin red banded goby is really growing on me. I think my final list will be the firefish, hi fin goby, tail spot blenny, and royal gramma. I was also considering moving my clownfish back in after everyone is established, but I heard once damsel aggression is established it will never go away and this is one nasty clownfish even for an ocellaris.

Back