300 gal skimmer?

E46er

Just ordered a 300 gal custom 80" by 36 deep by 24" tall and looking for a skimmer.
height isn't an issue my stand is 42-43 "œ tall.

I'm leaning towards the nyos quantum 300

Any thoughts or experience or better options in roughly that price point?

Cheers

Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS 10" Space Saving Protein Skimmer (VarioS) will perform just as well and CoralVue has pretty much every part in stock should issues arise.

The $ difference of almost $1K...that's ALOT of beer...ROLMFAO!

From an engineering POV, I don't find a significant difference of "wine bottle" shaped bodies vs linear cone from main body to collection cup to warrant the price difference if NW pumps are equal.

If you are looking to display your hardware...that's a different story...then BK Double Cone 250 for a med load or the SuperMarin 250 for heavy.

JM2C

They are only $100 difference for what I can get the nyos for.

I'm not looking to waste money but I'm not looking necessarily looking for budget options either. I just want a well performing product.

Last edited:
I'm using the Reef Octopus 250INT 10" with Varios on my 300 and it's a beast. Best skimmer I've ever owned and I've had many over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't made the purchase yet it would be worth your time to call Jeff over at lifereef. I made that call back in 1999 for my 100 gallon tank and using the same skimmer today on my 210. It will be moved over to my 250 - 300 upgrade next.

As noted above they flat out work and don't break. Best investment I made in this hobby to date.

Edit: no pressure - just ask questions and if it fits, your done. He is that easy to work with.

Back