300 Gallon Rebuild in New House

Thought I would make this a new thread. I am loving the frag room out of the living area. The wife will really love it and I am liking the mans cave.
cutout3.jpg

tankstandbuild1.jpg

stand2.jpg

tank2-1.jpg

I am doing a few slight changes on the closed loop. Need better flow on back rock wall.
closedloop1.jpg

closedloop2.jpg

My Mans cave
manscave.jpg

AWI Extreme on line.
waterfilter.jpg

Sump and protien skimmer on line.
sump.jpg

Storage tank for RODI water make up.
storagetank.jpg

Canopy cabinet above tank will be complete next week.
tank.jpg

Been busy working but wanted to take a moment to give update. Pictures with Iphone not the bust but all the time I have at the moment. We have had delays on the canopy cabinet, but finally completed and now staining. And granite for around top of rock base will be in this coming Wendsday. We are so ready to get all of this completed and the hole in the wall filled in. And finally rocks and corals back into tank.
reef3.jpg

reef2.jpg

reef1.jpg

Looking awesome!! I'm gonna follow this thread, as I plan on setting up a similar build in my next house!!

Granite work complete. Now making transition between granite and canopy that covers the ugly gaps. Finishing stain work on canopy in the next few days.

granite5.jpg

granite4.jpg

granite3.jpg

Well folks, I am for the first time considering going with T-5s on my main display. Tired of the higher electric bills. Please anyone comment and thoughts of your success or lack of success with T-5s. I know some that have switched from MH to T-5s and then switched back. I don't want to do switching. I like MH alot but they are more expensive to run. My tank is mainly sps dominated.

Finally found time and help to mount the canopy. Needed to get this done before the 3 surgeries on my hand and arm Friday.

canopy2_zpsd43b10da.jpg

canopy1_zpsc8f0614c.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful. I have never seen a build that had so much work don on the stand. Keep up the great work.

Looking amazing,cant wait till I can design a beautiful system like that. Gotta wait till i buy a house though =P lol

Back