300g tank build

cellingson

Glues some flexible PVC together. I read lots of information on the type of cement to use. Some cites noted I could use regular red hot blue glue. That's what I did. Starting to second guess my decision.

AF9FD84F-7791-4F09-8EEE-834DDA566786_1_105_c.jpeg

kharmaguru

Premium Member
Glues some flexible PVC together. I read lots of information on the type of cement to use. Some cites noted I could use regular red hot blue glue. That's what I did. Starting to second guess my decision.

View attachment 32371535
Nope, you are good. The only rule I ever heard was to push flex in straight rather than twist, and I heard that after I had already twisted it in.:pNever had a leak. I also used standard medium body PVC cement. Here's a thread where it's argued about. Specifically note @Flexpvc comments.

Glueing spa-flex into PVC?

cellingson

I decided to build a ATO. I have a mess of a sump in my basement under my fish tank.

The sump is a 150g rubber maid container. The ATO is the rubbermaid trash can on the table next to the sump.

IMG_9847.jpg

cellingson

IMG_0035.jpeg
Here is my plan. I scoured the internet trying to figure out how to do this.

I ordered two float triggers and a relay from this place.

I purchased a solenoid from

The idea was to have two floats in the trash can. The tank is filled when both floats are down, and filling stops when both floats are up. This would allow my spectrapure RO system to only kick on when more then 30 gallons of water is needed.

cellingson

I wired the relay as shown in the picture to the floats, the solenoid, and some plugs. After I wired it all together I realized I needed the floats in the trash can. So I had to cut the wires, move the floats into the trash can and wire it again.

IMG_0192 2.jpeg

I put the solenoid after the floss and carbon filters but before the RO membrane. This way the water going through the solenoid would have less crud in it. The stop of water would occur before the membrane to avoid TDS creep.
IMG_0193.jpeg

cellingson

I started pulling my lighting out, it has been sitting in my living room for about 6 months. I went with five OR3. I don't have great internet where I am located in Alaska and no wifi in my house. So many of these cool lights with great programming I can't use. IMG_0965.jpgIMG_0969.jpg

cellingson

My plan is to hang the lights from the ceiling.

I have used a canopy in the past but for now I am going to go without one. Each light will hang from two eye hooks. I am hoping this will minimize the footprint of the lighting by avoiding a canopy.

I have only run the first row of eye hooks. I need to think about how I am going to do the second to make it so the light hangs square with the back wallIMG_0966.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpegIMG_0967.jpeg