3D Printed Sump

Touge

Hey guys. I've been thinking about 3D printing a sump, but since I don't have a huge industrial printer, I can only print one or two sides/baffles at a time. How well would silicone hold all the sides together? I will most likely also add bracing. Dimension will most likely be close to a standard 29g but a bit shorter and wider.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

No...big fat no..
Silicone is for glass and glass only...
Its going to take weeks to print a sump anyways...
Noooo :thumbsdown:

Hey guys. I've been thinking about 3D printing a sump, but since I don't have a huge industrial printer, I can only print one or two sides/baffles at a time. How well would silicone hold all the sides together? I will most likely also add bracing. Dimension will most likely be close to a standard 29g but a bit shorter and wider.

NO - NO - NO - Really bad idea. What's wrong with a Petco 20 Gal?

Let me throw my 2 cents in why don't you buy a tank possibly on petcos dollar per gallon then 3d print some baffles install then.... boom. I imagine that you can customize it any color you'd like

I agree not a suitable use for a 3D printer. It does not even make sense to do the baffles that way because again they are not going to bond in place well.

I don't know about others, but I like to be able to look into the sides of my sump.

Too many fish/shrimp have gone tube surfing that I've had to catch and put back.

Back