40 Breeder flow

abbalahdun

Hi,

Planning on having a 40 breeder w 20l sump. The return will be a mag 5 split to 2 locline. For a reef with mostly softies mushrooms, and LPS what kind of additional flow would I need. I love vortech, but a little out of my price range. Any other ideas? Cannot do closed loop unfortunately.

mushrooms do not appreciate lots of flow just gentle current so place them low, I would add an adjustable powerhead for the others. I have two 40 breeders no sumps aquaclear 110s and powerheads and the softies do well. one tank has an airdriven aquamedic skimmer the other only filters.

I have 2 koralia k2's in my tank. I think its pretty good flow. I too have LPS. I might try and see what 3 K2's would do . I like the flow and I'm with you on the Vortechs. Nice but expensive

My only worry with the Koralias, if I wanted to implement the RKL's wave function, and they are known to reverse when used on wavemakers.

A MP10 would be nice. Drew, your almost there buying a used MP10 vs the cost of 3 K2's. What are the K2's $35 per? I just saw a used MP10 for $125. One pump, no cords in the tank, heat ect.

Back