48" rimless

Fisher72

Looking to get a 48" rimless, I think I'll go with a Miracles aquarium. Going with 24" wide but how deep? I was thinking 20" but now wondering if 18" might be better. Want to go with mainly chalices and other LPS with a few SPS on a couple of islands.

Any thoughts would be appericated.

Tim

Those are nice dimensions. I have a 16" deep tank and wish it was 18".
Someone local to me had a quote recently from Miracles on that size and it was in the $1100.00 range.

Have you thought about what lights?

Kc3

Just got my 48x48x16 from GC last week. It seating on the floor while my stand is being build so am not sure how it would looks yet?

My quote was around 1400 delivered. I currently have a 48" solar flare on my 90 but thinking I might go with a high end German fixture W/MH since with the rimless the fixture will be a focus point. Thinking a dual 175w with 4T5 bulbs. I saw this fixture but can't remember who made it.

Looking to get a 48" rimless, I think I'll go with a Miracles aquarium. Going with 24" wide but how deep? I was thinking 20" but now wondering if 18" might be better. Want to go with mainly chalices and other LPS with a few SPS on a couple of islands.

Any thoughts would be appericated.

Tim

What are you going to use as lighting? I did a 48x24x20 from aquarium obsessed and the reason I went with that depth is to use t5 lighting. If you were using halides then I would go a bit deeper and use 250's or even deeper and use 400's.

I'd say 20 is a good depth for that tank. I think if you were to go 24 height on a rimless you will have to use 5/8 glass or something.

Well, if you're taking the rimless rout, it's best that the tank sits on a piece of styrofoam. Also it might have euro bracing on the inside of the tank. Since you're building a custom stand, I might recommend a nice molding to cover the bottom 1" of the tank. Just thought you might want to keep this in mind.

I have a 60x30x20 Rimless tank made by Miracles. Here's a picture. With your dimension, it should be around the same proportion just a bit smaller.

DSC_0007RESIZED-1.jpg

the rider, that is very similar to what I'm looking to get. End overflow as well, did that stand come from Miracles? Are you planning to enclose? I'm waiting on a price for a stand from them.

I have a 48Lx24Hx18W and after getting all the rock situated I wish I had a few more inches in width for more room on the sand bed.

thanks mnchartier. what is the height of your stand, I was thinking 32", actually thinking 30 now, thinking better viewing.

I believe it is 32" and love it, I don't have a rimless though I wish I did. I currently have a custom canopy with 2 250w ReefOptix 3 but I am replacing it with the AquaSpace EX fixture. The canopy just makes it a pain to work in the tank.

Nice dimensions if I could change anything on mine it would have been the width. Can't wait to see the build.

Back