5.2 Gallons of Bioluminescence

Thanks. I'm excited that everything is doing well. I have been doing 95% weekly water changes for almost two months now and my corals have reacted positively. Even though I siphon the detritus from the bottom of the tank every week, I think that I'm going to get a small power head and aim it at the bottom of the tank to keep stuff in suspention until it gets filtered out. I am just using filter floss as my filtering media so I cut it to size and usually change it twice per week or as necessary. Also running a bag with about 4oz of carbon and a tbsp of Puraphos inside the filter. Still waiting on that one little Millipora to color back up again. Thanks for looking... more to come.

Firedog, 95%. The Ocean does a 100% water change every minute or so, so why can't I?

hresseguie, You should start a thread and show off your stuff. People's jaws will be droppin!

Countryboy (Love the Name), I'm lighting the tank with an EverGrow 165w LED unit but I have it dialed down to 10% of 165w... and it's still bright.

hresseguie is lighting his with the same aswell which is why he should share some pics too!

When Anthony Calfo came up to talk to us at the Seneca Park Zoo event URS held he mentioned he did full 100% water changes too.

It makes sense to me. Most, if not all of the beneficial bacteria live in the rock and sand. So doing a 100% water change is only replenishing the trace elements, etc.

Back