5 4 angels have 1 cloudy eye

lcarnitine

I have 5 angels two were just purchased dit well for a week, ate like crazy. A few days ago the fish started scratching, i treated with coppersafe bringing tgher level up over 3 days, the blue face develped a cloudy eye, i did nothing. This morning when i checked on them 4 angels had one cloudy eye, i surmises it might be flukes, because they also cause scratching. I added prazi, the fish went crazy scratching for 5 minutes everything over the next hour normalized. My asfur has a little bit of frayed pectoral fin. All were shaking their heads it has subsided now, all continue to eat voraciously.

When will they stop scratching?

Will the frayed fin heal itself, they are in my dt, don't want to use antibiotics due to destroying biofilter.

How long before the cloudy i is bettefr

I am not sure why only one eye got infected. Usually flukes are their on both eyes and one eye can be worse. Good thinking with the Prazipro, copper safe is ok Copper Power of amazon is much better. Don't worry about your bio filter those two meds will not it. I recommend that you get Sea Chem prime so if you ever have ammonia or nitrite you will be safe. Also, while I am treating I add Instant Ocean Bio-spira to make sure more nitrifying bacteria are added if any are destroyed by the meds. Good luck, post some pictures.

Back