50 ft. zoas

dadummy

hey there,

just sharing a pic., went diving on Sat. brought these three morphs up from around 50 feet

HPIM0988.jpg

kaihonu82

jealous.....i'd go diving here (monterey bay, CA), but the cardiac arrest risk isn't worth it ;)

i've gone diving here in Feb before and damn, that water is cold!

Letmegrow

Odds are they will not stay that color.

One day we will be able to get the lighting and food right :thumbsup:

dadummy

hey there,

these zoas were collected off Boynton Beach, Fl.

here's two recent picks of some collected about two months ago, first pic looked like the ones in the top of the original post. Hard to get a good pic of them , they look close but have faded. The second pic is a morph(middle) that looked more of a lavender, which too has faded. They both still look pretty nice and under actinics are sweet.
and an encrusting type, too bad they are not so pretty, they are everywhere
thanks for looking
HPIM1009.jpg

HPIM1006.jpg

HPIM1011.jpg

saltman123

A question for you......
When under water, are there literally thousands of polyps in colonies down there? I bet it is a winter wonderland of polyps :)

Is it???

RicksReefs

yes, there are literally thousands down there. I know of one reef that's two miles long that's about 1/2 covered in zoanthus.

zoanthids aren't illegal. they're (mistakenly) classified as colonial anemones by F&G. taking the rock their on is illegal though. all hard coral is illegal.

fishes2889

In Memoriam
Oh yeah and i forgot to mention who i bought them from. Bryan at Purcaptive got a colony from the Caribbean and has been farming them. They havent been submitted into zoaid.com but the name he used was Tooty Fruity....:)

Steve