500 gallon reef.. Possible Tank Breakdown and looking for buyers

slief

RC Sponsor
Premium Member
Our house in on the market and we just bought a house in Montana. We are hoping a buyer buy the house with the tank but we already have an offer on the house from a buyer who would want the tank removed. If that happens, I will have a huge system to sell off. Ideally, I'd like to sell this as a complete system but will consider parting it out if the coral and livestock are all taken first. And preferably if the coral and ideally rock all go at one time.

The main display is 4'x8'x2' tall. I spared no expenses when I had this tank made 25 years ago. It has 1.5" acrylic front and back and 1" thick sides top and bottom. The tank is currently setup as a peninsula and has a center overflow directly in the center of the tank. It has several hundred pounds of live rock. Pretty much all of which are covered in coral. There is soft coral, LPS, and some SPS. The tank is covered in corals that have been growing for over a decade and all was grown in the tank. This includes some very nice SPS colones.

There are dozens of fish including a vlamingi, unicorn, achilles, tomini tank, fox face, Flame angel, engineer goby, mandarin goby, cardinals and MUCH more.

As for equipment, I spared no expenses in this build.

Equipment:
Filtration:
90 Gallon Custom Sump with four 7" Filter socks
90 Gallon Custom Refugium
AquaUV Classic 114 watt UV Sterilzer
Bubble King Supermarin 250 protein skimmer with RD3 and with AquaDriver Skimclean Helix Self Cleaning Head

Flow:
Royal Exclusiv RD3 230 Return Pump
Royal Exclusiv RD3 230 Closed Loop Pump (controlled via my Apex)
Two Tunze 6205 power heads and one Tunze 6105 power heads in the main display controlled via my Apex

Other Equipment:
BRS Jumbo Carbon Reactor
BRS Jumbo GFO reactor
Geo 818 Calcium reactor with Reborn Media
Geo 414 secondary reactor with ARM media that is downstream of the Geo 818
Cole Parmer Masterflex 7523-80 Digital brushless Peristaltic Pump for the calcium reactor feed pump.
Aquarium Plants Carbon Doser regulator
Stenner peristaltic pump for my ATO Pump
Genesis Renew Pro automatic water change system With a spare Genesis renew controller.
Two 100 gallon mixing tanks with a Little Giant 4MD mixing pump.
Spare Reeflo Superdart Gold as a back up pump.

Lighting is 6 GHL Mitras LX7206 and 8 Kessil 360WE's along with 2 spare 360WE's. All mounted to a custom aluminum light rack that uses a electric winch and pulley system to raise and lower it.

I have an Apex Classic system with a spare brain too.
4 EB8's
3 EB4's
PM1 Module
PM2 Module
two VDM modules
Leak Detection Modules
Lunar Sim Module
AFS feeder
Dos peristaltic pump
And more!

If I sold the system off complete as it sits now, i'd like around $20,000 but would consider offers. If you did the math, you couldn't build this tank for under $50,0000 and there is THOUSANDS in coral, rock and fish alone.

If you are seriously interested, PM me and we can discuss further.

You can see more on the tank in this Tank Of The Month Thread. I also have my build thread but I am not sure if the pictures are visible due to a recent issue with Photobucket.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2616842

Our house in on the market and we just bought a house in Montana. We are hoping a buyer buy the house with the tank but we already have an offer on the house from a buyer who would want the tank removed. If that happens, I will have a huge system to sell off. Ideally, I'd like to sell this as a complete system but will consider parting it out if the coral and livestock are all taken first. And preferably if the coral and ideally rock all go at one time.

The main display is 4'x8'x2' tall. I spared no expenses when I had this tank made 25 years ago. It has 1.5" acrylic front and back and 1" thick sides top and bottom. The tank is currently setup as a peninsula and has a center overflow directly in the center of the tank. It has several hundred pounds of live rock. Pretty much all of which are covered in coral. There is soft coral, LPS, and some SPS. The tank is covered in corals that have been growing for over a decade and all was grown in the tank. This includes some very nice SPS colones.

There are dozens of fish including a vlamingi, unicorn, achilles, tomini tank, fox face, Flame angel, engineer goby, mandarin goby, cardinals and MUCH more.

As for equipment, I spared no expenses in this build.

Equipment:

Filtration:

90 Gallon Custom Sump with four 7" Filter socks

90 Gallon Custom Refugium

AquaUV Classic 114 watt UV Sterilzer

Bubble King Supermarin 250 protein skimmer with RD3 and with AquaDriver Skimclean Helix Self Cleaning Head

Flow:

Royal Exclusiv RD3 230 Return Pump

Royal Exclusiv RD3 230 Closed Loop Pump (controlled via my Apex)

Two Tunze 6205 power heads and one Tunze 6105 power heads in the main display controlled via my Apex

Other Equipment:

BRS Jumbo Carbon Reactor

BRS Jumbo GFO reactor

Geo 818 Calcium reactor with Reborn Media

Geo 414 secondary reactor with ARM media that is downstream of the Geo 818

Cole Parmer Masterflex 7523-80 Digital brushless Peristaltic Pump for the calcium reactor feed pump.

Aquarium Plants Carbon Doser regulator

Stenner peristaltic pump for my ATO Pump

Genesis Renew Pro automatic water change system With a spare Genesis renew controller.

Two 100 gallon mixing tanks with a Little Giant 4MD mixing pump.

Spare Reeflo Superdart Gold as a back up pump.

Lighting is 6 GHL Mitras LX7206 and 8 Kessil 360WE's along with 2 spare 360WE's. All mounted to a custom aluminum light rack that uses a electric winch and pulley system to raise and lower it.

I have an Apex Classic system with a spare brain too.

4 EB8's

3 EB4's

PM1 Module

PM2 Module

two VDM modules

Leak Detection Modules

Lunar Sim Module

AFS feeder

Dos peristaltic pump

And more!

If I sold the system off complete as it sits now, i'd like around $20,000 but would consider offers. If you did the math, you couldn't build this tank for under $50,0000 and there is THOUSANDS in coral, rock and fish alone.

If you are seriously interested, PM me and we can discuss further.

You can see more on the tank in this Tank Of The Month Thread. I also have my build thread but I am not sure if the pictures are visible due to a recent issue with Photobucket.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2616842

What corals do you have 760.625.3212

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, Congratulations on the new home. Montana is a beautiful place. I think you will enjoy it there and be very happy to get out of the rat race.

wishing you the best

Scott, Congratulations on the new home. Montana is a beautiful place. I think you will enjoy it there and be very happy to get out of the rat race.

wishing you the best

Thank you very much! My wife and I very excited. We got a dream property. 1.58 acres with several hundred feet of Stillwater river running through our back yard and lower stillwater lake less than a 1/4 mile up stream. I will be ably to fly fish in my backyard! This is a picture taken this summer looking up stream to the river. That building you see in the distance is a bar and grill. Also a picture of the house. It needs a lot of work inside so we will do a complete remodel on it and start immediately. The deal on the house and the terms with the owner financing us for 2 years could not be beat. It's just 15 minutes from Whitefish. 25 minutes from Kalispell. The area couldn't be better. I have friends in Whitefish too which is nice. And friends in Thompson Falls which is 120 miles from us and where I went to school in the early 80s. There are dozens of lakes right around us and Glacier National Park less than 30 minutes away too. This is a dream come true!

Attachments

• 47EF3E5D-24A3-466D-B20E-30A05D4EF845.jpeg
    47EF3E5D-24A3-466D-B20E-30A05D4EF845.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 8B2459C3-6561-402B-9AF7-BF8392385A19.jpg
    8B2459C3-6561-402B-9AF7-BF8392385A19.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Scott, this is fantastic! Congratulations! Hopefully you'll find a buyer who will appreciate what you've built, but if not, who cares, you have a trout stream in your new back yard!!

Scott, this is fantastic! Congratulations! Hopefully you'll find a buyer who will appreciate what you've built, but if not, who cares, you have a trout stream in your new back yard!!

Thank you and can't wait to flyfish in my backyard.

Scott, Best of luck in "Big Sky Country".
I know you were talking about this for some time now.
Can we come for vacation??? JK

Scott, Best of luck in "Big Sky Country".
I know you were talking about this for some time now.
Can we come for vacation??? JK

Thank you!! You guys could come ANYTIME you want and would be welcome to stay with us! It would actually be really cool if you guys did come out! We are about 15 minutes away from Whitefish, 25 from the Kalispell airport and about 30 minutes from Glacier National Park. We could not be happier! The location and property is jaw dropping beyond my wildest dreams and the price and terms could not be beat. Once I am done with the remodel, we will have a ton of equity. I do have some work ahead of me to get the house into shape because its been neglected for the last couple years. I am up for the task though.

I did a spartan race at flathead lake. We stayed in kalispell. It was such a nice quaint town. The people were so inviting and hospitable. Congrats and good luck with everything

congrats.

Thank you very much!

Sadly, it's looking like I will be breaking the tank down. I will know in the next day or two. Just need to find a home for the corals since I already have a store that wants to fish for their main reef display. Once the corals have a home, the tank will come down. This assume one of the two families who checked out the house today don't put a good offer in that includes the tank.

It is looking like the tank WILL be broken down. If you are local and interested in coral, send me a message. I have all kinds but I won’t be giving this stuff away either. It’s all been grown 100% in this tank and there are some very nice large colonies of soft coral, LPS and SPS. There are also more than a dozen of tank spawned and grown neon green plate corals. Once the corals are gone, then I have the fish and equipment. Feel free to reach out about the equipment as well.

Congrats on the new adventure! If you get into shipping, I'd be interested in 1-2 of the Mitras, I'm in Nor Cal. Thanks and good luck

You wouldn’t happen to have any hammers left ? I purchased one giant colony probably a year ago or so

I do have some Hammers left. A couple nice colonies of them in fact. I also have a HUGE neon green Wall Hammer. It’s about 20” across by 12-15” wide.

How is that hammer colony doing? Everybody else that got some has seen them grow like crazy.

Congrats on the new adventure! If you get into shipping, I'd be interested in 1-2 of the Mitras, I'm in Nor Cal. Thanks and good luck

I'd consider shipping a couple of the Mitras. I have the original boxes too. PM me and we can talk about it.

I do have some Hammers left. A couple nice colonies of them in fact. I also have a HUGE neon green Wall Hammer. It's about 20" across by 12-15" wide.

How is that hammer colony doing? Everybody else that got some has seen them grow like crazy.

Can you send me price list please thanks

Back