55 gallon Custom Acrylic Sump for sale

ReefMeister2

Premium Member
Custom-built “Clear for Life” Acrylic Sump:

- 55-gallon 48"x14"x18"
- 2” Eurobraced top
- (6) 14"x14" baffles w/1-1/2” spacing
- (3) Main compartments: 16”x14” / 8”x14" / 16”x14" (Skimmer / Return pump / Refugium)
- (2) 1-1/2” bulkheads in upper rear corners
- (4) Accessories: Filter sock bracket, 100 micron sock, 3-Probe bracket, hole-saw kit
- Water leak/level/integrity tested
- Very clean construction, router finish

$225 firm, pickup in Garden Grove

Kevin
(714) 260-6660

63874DSC06768-_web_.jpg

63874DSC06777-_web_.jpg

63874DSC06771-_web_.jpg

63874DSC06844-_web_.jpg

Last edited:
Stopped by Reefmeisters house last week. That thing looks sweet. Very solid, and cleanly built. The guy is a detail nut. Good luck on the sale!

He built me a sump and the construction is awesome....Like everyone else said he is a detail freak and makes some amazing stuff...

Kevin I f I could figure out how to get that under my stand I would grab it in a second.

I too am proud owner of a "RM2 SumpraFuge", but I negotiated lessons to be included with the deal, so I got to see first hand how he did it. He has the tools, and he has the parts and material.

Now if only we can get him some help finishing the drywall taping in his house!!!

I say we have a pizza party this saturday, and knock it out. Whatta say Kevin? I got some tools too. (the only thing I ask, is if I can catch all the high stuff? From the waist on up, I dont bend like I used to.)

btw: do you know the radius of the corners you installed? I have a friend / acquaintence that is a sheet metal contractor, and I could get a price for those corner details we talked about. And also, how many corners are there, and how tall?

bill

Ahhh, Bill....Beware what you wish for! ha....ha, ha...
HA...HA, HA

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:bounce2:

(Oh my, did I say that out loud?) :p

Yea, we might be able to do something like that
Me gots a mini Heineken Keg sitting around collecting dust
I suppose I could chill 'er up for a good cause! :)

Gots to talk to the wifey first to make sure I'm not booked for something I'm unaware of.

Kevin

let me know.

And let me know the radius of the corners and stuff. I bet we can get those redone,a nd you will not only save tons of time, but it will be easier to make them look good.

And if not this weekend, then next, or even mid week for me, it dontmatter, but it might be fun if we can get a couple of other guys just so we can cut it up a bit, maybe diy on some of the other things too, like your mesh mod upgrade...

bill

Well, the wife has given me the green light for this Saturday, so, if you're game...I'm game!

I may have a nephew available to help that day too
(not just "any" nephew...a 25-year-old Marine Corp graduate!)
So, we've got the "young muscle" to help out

Those radiuses are 1/4 pieces of 12" galvanized ducting. they are also back-filled with expanding foam.

Whatcha got? :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9307871#post9307871 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefMeister2

I may have a nephew available to help that day too
(not just "any" nephew...a 25-year-old Marine Corp graduate!)
So, we've got the "young muscle" to help out

hey kev!

when he is finished at your place...send him over here cuz i have a lot of back breaking heavy stuff he could help me out with!!! hahahaha!!!

okay, I am game too. Make sure you get some drywall joint compound. PREMIXED. (50 lb buckets, (probably two)) And you will want some topping compound also, one box, or bucket)

Also pickup at least one bag of fix all.

I doubt I will be able to get anything to replace those corners by then, so we may just have to woek with what you got.

You may need a buch of screws to zipper the edges down. But I am not sure how to hold the edge straight. This should be interesting.

BTW: For anyother home diyselfers / reefers, this would be a good time to come by, check out Kevins tanks and backroom set up, and give a hand to get this guys house done. Not a whole lot of work needing to be done, just some new walls and drywall in the hallway and entry way area.

We can shoot the breeze, patch some drywall, shoot some more crap, patch some more drywall, basically, try to not make it too much work while getting some progress done.

Could be a way to show off some of your talent, if you have some drywall taping experience, as Kevin, (typically) has outdone himself by installing some very cool corner details. And if You have the talent, it will be uselfull.

Kevin, call me sometime to discuss, what tools you ahve, (taping tools

I've got a full 5-gal bucket of joint compound, a full box of topping compound, 3 or 4 different sized knifes, a full roll of mesh-type joint tape, plenty of screws, nails, and other tools

Plenty of food and drink to be had, of course.....

What am I missing?

I believe he mentioned to me to show up around 10:30(ish), not too early of a start, and we can work til we are ready to quit.

Should be a good time, and the more the merrier. He really needs to get his house done, and motivation of having some freinds and helpers around is a good thing.

So, just leave a message that you will show up, and we can knock it out. If we get too many people, (which I doubt), Keven wanted to msh mod his skimmer, so I will bring some mesh and while we are goofing around on the inside, for those that are capable or willing, they can goof around on the outside. There is always something to do. Maybe even some diy acrylic projet you want to get done. He has all the tools to make whatever you want, and plenty of scrap acrylic. How about that probe holder, or the float holder, or the ???

Lets make this happen, just like the days of barn raising, when freinds would get together just to get something done ona a saturday..

14" water line is a little tall for me. An 8" waterline works well for the AquaC skimmers I like to use.

other than the tall water line, this sump looks very well constructed and I would jump on it if needed.

Josh

I am going to be using a small platform to raise the skimmer to the right height.
I like the deep water line for the refugium.

And it is very well consrtucted, and modified.

Back