58"x48"x30" - LumenArc III vs LumenBrite III

SonsOfLeda

I'm going to be running four MH reflectors (400W bulbs) with supplemental T5s over the display and am wondering which reflector I should go with.

What are my pros/cons here of each? I've read the most recent comparisons that Sanjay did, but with an aquarium of this size I feel like I'm on the border with each of the dimensions that the article uses as cut-offs.

Thanks in advance!

- Eric

Lumenbrights are fine for tanks up to 24" wide. anything over then that I would go with the lumenarcs. This is just from personal experience with haveing a tank the is 30" wide. I have 4 lumenbrights large over my 96 x 30 x 24 and I have dark spots in the tank.

So in a square configuration above the tank, I'd be best suited to go with LumenArcs then because I've got larger than a 48"x48" surface area to deal with is what you're saying?

I was already leaning towards the LumenArcs anyway since I have the option to add the A/C kit for additional cooling in my fish room.

Thanks!

- Eric

Now - anyone got a good source for these? I haven't done a ton of price comparing, but it seems like the first few places I looked are out of stock on these.

Back