6 min virtual video tour of Vinpearl Land reef display in Nha Trang - Vietnam

lavith

I visited Vinpearl Underwater World in Nha Trang - Vietnam back in Feb 2008 but only had a chance to edit the footage and post it online today. It was in its first month of operation in Feb 2008 so everything looked so clean and "alive". I don't really know how well they can maintain it though. I notice few missing ingredients in these displays are water movement in display tanks and light source for clownfish + anemone display. Also, did you notice two eels? I wonder if fish population in that tank decreases overtime.... Hope you enjoy this virtual video tour of Vietnam finest aquarium.

About Vinpearl Underwater World

The Vinpearl Underwater World is the creation of International Diver Kelly Tarlton and Marine Civil Engineer Ian Mellsop came together and put their dream into a reality. They wanted to let people see and understand the deep-sea world. This dream first came true in Auckland, New Zealand, January 1985 when the format of aquariums was revolutionized. Vinpearl shares the same dream with Tarlton and Mellsop.

In its first year of operation, this new concept of walking side by side with the underwater creatures became New Zealand’s number one tourist attraction, and was given the Silver Otter Award from the UK tourist board. Since then, many successful aquariums with this concept has been sprouting down around the world, and in 2008, it finally sets its foot on Vietnam.

The aquarium in Vietnam is possibly the leader in the aquarium technology; very few other aquariums in the world have such a complex system. The Acrylic is what the underwater tunnel is made from. The tunnel has viewing far superior to any other aquarium viewing system in the world. It is carefully designed to maximize the visitor’s exposure to all facets of life and activity in the main tank, enabling them to see the underwater world through the eyes of a diver.

The length of the tunnel is 90 meters making this the longest underwater tunnel. Visitors can even take photos as they move through the tunnel. The tunnel is 2 meters under sea level designed to withstand 20 times this water load or approximately 40 meters above the tunnel.

Watch now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=974g4tn3pU0

Note: There's "watch in high quality" link on YouTube just at the bottom of the video just in case you hit a standard quality. You can also "Save target as" or "Save link as" a 150MB high quality of this footage in Windows Media format at 640x480 resolution but I won't guarantee it will be available online forever due to bandwidth limitation. And coolwater is just my other aquarium forum user name.

Last edited:
Amazing. And that was just the first month! Is that your son in the video? He seems to have enjoyed it. :D

Yes, you're right. That's my son in the footage and we all had fun. The adult ticket costs about $50,000 VND which is roughly about $3.5 US dollars to get in.

Back