6 year old tank crash

Thruston

Hey guys! I got into the hobby in 2013. Thats when I created an account here and used reef centrals wealth of knowledge to setup and keep a 180 reef tank going until 7-5-19 at 1:32pm EST. Thats when my apex temp prob started reporting my tanks temp at 21F. Unfortunately due to 5 years of completely trouble free operation I neglected to update my apex with my new contact information. So my apex was spaming an email warning to an address I no longer use. I got my apex with no display figuring the web based control would be good enuff.. so I had no idea my tank was in the high 90s all night long. I got up in the am an noticed my take was super cloudy.. looked like a coffee with cream. So its all dead. I got all the fish out. I had brown mushrooms the size of half dollars and so many waving hands my friends would make fun of me.. once the dust settled it looks like a wasteland. No sign any coral ever existed. A wad of bristleworm corpses the size of a baseball sitting in one corner. I got most of the worm corpses out but I'm sure I missed a bunch under rocks and what not. I'm going to have another go at it. I'm not sure what the best move is tho. Should I empty it all out, pressure wash live rock and start from scratch? should I try to do a 100% water change and get my params right and add some fish? would love some advice!

Thanks!

My setup:

180 glass tank
200 lbs live rock
2 inch sand substrate
2xjebao wave pumps
Apex Jr. with bad temp probe!(it did last 6 years tho)
55 gallon sump
nac-9 skimmer
950 gph return pump
800watt finnex heater

Back