$675

1. The pool guy that clean our pool turns on 3 pool pumps for 12hrs on Wednesdays. I don't think it should run that much.
2. The heat wave we had for a week pretty much left our ac running almost 24/7. It ain't easy to cool a 4k sq ft house.
3. Added 3 x 400watt radiums on the 150gallon tank.
4. 1 HP chiller running 7 hrs a day

I am assuming this is the peak usage month for the year. I will be ok when fall comes. It is just that 3 months out of 12 that I am irritated with.

Glenn

$675 would pay my smud bill all summer with my pool and several tanks with the house at 75 degrees all day. That has got to hurt seeing that bill, sorry man.

Bryan

220. It has a 30amp circuit. I run some of my tank equipment in a separate dedicated pool circuit.

Good deal. My dad swapped his pumps over from 110 to 220 for better energy efficiency. His smud is typically around 550$ with the koi pond and a 2200 sq. ft. house. With no tanks or pool and He hardly use his ac either. If that makes it sting less,lol. Some crappy cell pics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375142915.442600.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375142944.149026.jpg

I am sure it will go down a bit on the next bill. I removed and sold my 8x54watt t5s to Jeff that I ran for 8 hrs a day. I am planning on removing the VHOs and replacing them with ecoxotic stunner LEDs. That should help as well. I will eventually add radion pros and run the halides less. I still don't want to give up halides. It is my light preference. I am working around it instead.

Glenn

Not to rub it in but $145.00 in our new home with the tank and 72 degree temp inside the 3,0000 sqft home.......sorry.

Not to rub it in but $145.00 in our new home with the tank and 72 degree temp inside the 3,0000 sqft home.......sorry.

It's cool Shawn. August is good month for me (3 paychecks). Haha. I actually have quite a bit of play money that month. Just a few more months left before the cold sets back in.

Are you pond pump 110 or 220?

Hate to break it to you but it does not matter one tiny bit.

Yeah the 240 has lower amperage but your utility does not charge by amps they charge by watts or Kilowatts to be technical :)

So lets say a 120 volt motor draws 4 amps 4 x 120 = 480Watts
Now you double the voltage on the motor (assuming you can with dual windings)
and now you have a 240 volt motor drawing only 2 amps BUT 2 x 240 Still='s 480Watts :)

I used to teach at an Electrician School here in Sac ;)

Back