70 acrylic still in box w/oak stand 4 sale

DrBDC

I recieved my replacment 70 acrylic tank today and it's up for sale.
The tank costs 429+139 shipping. The stand probably has 300 of oak and crown molding and misc. materials. I'll sell the whole thing for 550 obo. Mrs. says I can't set it up. I thought it would make an excellent additional tank since I don't have very many. :D

Here is a pic of the stand:

100_0928.jpg

Here is a pic of the tank from the sales info on the tank but I'm not taking it out of the box or taking off the paper even. You can get that new tank feeling yourself.

29_1.jpg

Here is the info on it that I cut and pasted:
70 GALLON AQUARIUM (36" X 18" X 24") MADE FROM 3/8" CELL-CAST ACRYLIC WITH A BEAUTIFUL SOLID ROYAL BLUE BACKGROUND!

LASER-CUT OVERSIZED TOP OPENINGS - DESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE ACCESS HOLE SIZES WITHOUT COMPROMISING STRUCTURAL QUALITY. WE WERE THE FIRST TO COME UP THIS INNOVATIVE DESIGN AND DO AWAY WITH THOSE OUTDATED RECTANGULAR CUTOUTS - WE LEAD THE WAY AND OTHERS FOLLOW! OUR COVERS ARE ONLY 1/8" SMALLER THAN THE OPENING!

FREE 1/2" ACRYLIC ACCESS HOLE COVER SET WITH BUY-IT-NOW!

FEATURES:

*INTERNAL SLOTTED OVERFLOW INSTALLED AT CENTER BACK - END VIEWS ARE CLEAR AND UNOBSTRUCTED.

*SINGLE DRAIN: (1)- 1" BULKHEAD WITH STANDPIPE.

*DUAL RETURNS: (2) 1/2" BULKHEADS WITH RETURN LINES THROUGH THE OVERFLOW - NO UNSIGHTLY OUTSIDE PLUMBING!

*OVERSIZED ACCESS HOLES ALLOW YOU TO ADD LARGER ROCKS AND DECORATIONS.

*TWO ADDITIONAL "CONVENIENCE HOLES" FOR EXTRA RETURN LINES OR POWERHEAD CORDS.

*ALL OPENINGS ARE LASER-CUT AND HIGHLY POLISHED.

I thought you might have caved in at that price but I see you not. If not for getting my 125 going I would have bought it.... sorry doc.

I have a friend who's always loved my tank and he's wanting to buy it I'm debating whether to sell it to him or not. It's an expensive hobby and I don't know that I want to feel responsible for him spending a ton of money.

what do you mean this hobby is expensive ?? I look at it as a savings account. Instead of spending money foolishly on things like new clothes and such, I spend my money on my fish tank so that way I can see my investment everytime Im in the family room waztching tv. I just bought a 525it touring wagon last Saturday and spent less than what I have invested in my 125g rr and it does not even have water in it yet, lol

Don't worry, it's spring and the flood plain roads will be covered soon. Oh, you meant the tank! :lol:

Also looking for tunze equip and would work out a trade. Misc equip like 61/6200's and wavebox.

Not yet. I just posted it with MASI too. I wouldn't let my buddy buy it. Dang the conscience.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9854750#post9854750 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DrBDC
Not yet. I just posted it with MASI too. I wouldn't let my buddy buy it. Dang the conscience.

Sell it to me for $300 and I'll sell it to your buddy for $450. That way you don't feel bad and he saves $100. :D

450 and come and get it! I need it out of here before I do something stupid like set up another tank. :lol:

Back