70G Leemar Rimless Cube

marioensf

Local pick up in San Francisco.
Used glass aquarium, internal overflow, three drilled holes so you can set the drain/return the way you wish.
30x30, 20 high.
Solid wood stand painted white; hinges are a bit rusty.
Sump has adjustable baffle; and a nice size refugium. Probe holders are built in. 20x20 footprint.

$900 cash.

No trades.

Will upload pictures.

Added pictures

Added pictures

Some images.

Attachments

• 6C6798BD-D19A-4108-B55C-EC470A497DFF.jpg
    6C6798BD-D19A-4108-B55C-EC470A497DFF.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 58820A64-9724-4F7B-AFDA-BDB0D8EC6682.jpg
    58820A64-9724-4F7B-AFDA-BDB0D8EC6682.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
  • EDB6091C-0D7F-4882-9EB4-E266DB5CC5C1.jpg
    EDB6091C-0D7F-4882-9EB4-E266DB5CC5C1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
  • C28643B2-3E7E-4551-814D-2231884235EF.jpg
    C28643B2-3E7E-4551-814D-2231884235EF.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
One more pic

One more pic

Had help bringing the tank out and setting it on the cabinet.

Attachments

• 1FA79C35-A1B6-4E37-8D8C-DD293AB28807.jpg
    1FA79C35-A1B6-4E37-8D8C-DD293AB28807.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
I'm surprised no one has picked this up yet. Bay area has one of the strangest low bugdet crowds. Same reason WWC said they wont come back to farmers market anymore. And pretty sure the same reason with jason fox. Why I just ship most frags. Would rather not deal.

You probably have 100 people watching waiting till you lower to 50.

This is an awesome deal!! For a really nice tank. Let's look past red sea everyone.

Good luck on your sale. Very surprised it's not sold

I had the same thought. I'd be all over it if I could stretch the glass! a little too small for my needs.

I asked questions earlier that went unanswered so I just figured he doesn't want to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no one has picked this up yet. Bay area has one of the strangest low bugdet crowds. Same reason WWC said they wont come back to farmers market anymore. And pretty sure the same reason with jason fox. Why I just ship most frags. Would rather not deal.
Really "low budget" crowd? Yet the two referenced farmers are at the exact opposite side of the spectrum. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely understand where you're coming from, but the reference of WWC and JF which aim more towards the over hyped crowd seems a bit strange. I mean if you said "Your Reef doesn't want to come back for flea markets" then I could get behind your narrative of cheapness in the area.

Fact of the matter is the average hobbyist probably doesn't have as much disposable income as other parts of the country. Then combine that with the fact that a lot of long term hobbyists in the area probably have in some way experienced BAR which focused more on sharing corals than selling corals meant they have had an abundance of really nice corals without having to pay through the nose for them. I'm not going to criticize that person willing to spend $500 for a 1/2" nub of an acro, or the guy who wants to spend hundreds of dollars for a mushroom that has a mutation, but most of the hobbyists in this area are just not those people either.

I wouldn't say that, difference between someone driving a Ferrari and a Toyota Supra... frugality, both want sports car, one person is just willing to spend more. (note: I don't really know much about cars, so if this is a horrible example don't hold it against me :) ).

I can't speak for anyone else, but me personally I'd rather have a bright green coral (slimer), a bright blue/purple coral (Cali/Bennet tort or any number of Bonzais), a bright pink coral (millepora) for a fraction of the cost than a single coral that has all those colors, and the ones I want will look those colors at quite a bit less blue than what JF keeps his grow out tanks at.

Look I'm not ragging on JF or any other farmer who is in the same business. But is just that a business, they need to find a way to distinguish between what they sell and others, and try to maximize their profit, what they do with all the fancy naming is nothing new that's been going on since Tyree LE was a thing, the $500 Efflo was not an ironic name given to it, slamming corals with heavy blues is nothing new either, VHO actics and Blue Plus T5s were used for a while to pimp off corals, now royal blue LEDs just are so much more better at it. Hobbyists like Dan pay for a bunch for a frag, they'd like to get some of that money back if possible. It's all understandable.

But I really feel like these high prices are primarily due to the economy of the internet, the "going rate" is what people anywhere in the country is willing to pay, and then the number of "high priced reefers" becomes significantly higher than in one area, and the vast majority of us well we don't want to pay that much... i.e. we're "cheap".

Tank set is for sale; I just happen to be a bit busy.
Not sure on age but is in good condition.

It’s a really nice setup for those with limited space but still want some real estate for fish or corals and not too deep so you can clean it without having to snorkel in.

I wouldn't say that, difference between someone driving a Ferrari and a Toyota Supra... frugality, both want sports car, one person is just willing to spend more. (note: I don't really know much about cars, so if this is a horrible example don't hold it against me :) ).

I can't speak for anyone else, but me personally I'd rather have a bright green coral (slimer), a bright blue/purple coral (Cali/Bennet tort or any number of Bonzais), a bright pink coral (millepora) for a fraction of the cost than a single coral that has all those colors, and the ones I want will look those colors at quite a bit less blue than what JF keeps his grow out tanks at.

Look I'm not ragging on JF or any other farmer who is in the same business. But is just that a business, they need to find a way to distinguish between what they sell and others, and try to maximize their profit, what they do with all the fancy naming is nothing new that's been going on since Tyree LE was a thing, the $500 Efflo was not an ironic name given to it, slamming corals with heavy blues is nothing new either, VHO actics and Blue Plus T5s were used for a while to pimp off corals, now royal blue LEDs just are so much more better at it. Hobbyists like Dan pay for a bunch for a frag, they'd like to get some of that money back if possible. It's all understandable.

But I really feel like these high prices are primarily due to the economy of the internet, the "going rate" is what people anywhere in the country is willing to pay, and then the number of "high priced reefers" becomes significantly higher than in one area, and the vast majority of us well we don't want to pay that much... i.e. we're "cheap".

I don't know not just in the hobbie. The old money is leaving. I am in the trades. Well known in my area as one of the best. I used to work for general contractors. They'd use me only in there home. And send other cheep companies to clients home. People go with the next guy over 1000 on 50000 bid.With a new Ferrari in the garage. I always think to myself," would you put ford wheels on your Ferrari? Used and leaking air?" So yeah over 20 years I see first hand how cheep it's becoming.

I don't understand, if one can't afford a hobbie. Why don't we encourage an exit to the hobby. Hook them up ourselves or with someone we know, who can get them a better paying job. Coach them into making money as a hobbie for the time being. Than instead being addicted to a tank with no money. Now they can own a home and have a reef.

Not to mention the cost of everything around us. The hobby is kinda relevant. I just hear to much crying about how much this hobby cost. I think," well get out." This is a very enabling society.

As far as jason and WWC goes. Don't really buy from them. Just thought is was funny that they specifically noted are area,( one of the wealthiest in the USA) as on of cheapest strangest crowds they have seen. I also used them because they see all the crowds.

If you know me. You'll know that I sell the same stuff I pay 600 for I'm getting 150 back. Not cause I can't sell but because I just don't 600 was a good price for what it was. So yeah I'd like to make some money back. I like bright stuff. So I buy it.

There is still plenty of 10-20 frags all over the bay. But everyone cries cause they want the colorful pcs. And can't afford them or just don't want to pay. So in turn you get all the fuss of price. Blue light or not. Some of the new stuff just glows.

If you ask me corals should cost a lot more. More people would think twice before a purchase. These are like alien life forms. We are very lucky to be able to have this in our spaces. I was so shocked I can own these lives when I came to this hobby. Didn't matter what it costed it was worth it. And I didn't start with a whole lot.

Yes I'm planning to leave the bay area. Not sure where. Just anywhere but here. People aren't swarming as fast as possible out of here for no reason.

Hey Mario, so sorry for high jacking the first and this time.

Hope your tank sells today!! I want it. Just don't know where to put another tank.

Nice tank!
I’ll be in the market for a tank in a year or so once house gets rebuild.
Mario- I’m going owe u a chiller since the one you lent me was damaged in the fire.
Thanks again

Nice tank!
I'll be in the market for a tank in a year or so once house gets rebuild.
Mario- I'm going owe u a chiller since the one you lent me was damaged in the fire.
Thanks again

Hi Wayland

No need to worry about the chiller; glad you and fam are well.

Back