72g bow lots of pics and diary

Wow, why so aggresive, we are only trying to help.

As for calling me out on my tanks, come to the Falls of the Ohio State Park.
I have a 1200 gallon reef, 1000 gallon FOWLR, 2000 gallon Native Fish, 400 gallon Propagation tank, 4 120 qtanks, a 75 and a 125, and a 9 10 gallon q tank system.

If you are ever in Louisville, KY you can chack out Bluegrass Cichlids. I set up their system, or 22 40 gallon and 5 60 gallon tanks, all on one sump, pump, etc.

You can look at my past threads on my 180 skimerless tank, my 120 skimmerless.

GO to large tank forums and look at the almost 11foot tank thread.

Again, we are only trying to help, no reason to get so defensive and start the name calling and such.

I understand your theroy of the siphon break, but that idea only works for returns not drains. If you have a hole in the top of the u, you will never get a siphon drain to work. As long as the pipe is as high as it is ( to the top of the water) it must work on a siphon drain, just like j tube over flow boxes.

Best of luck! I hope you try this outside first.

<i><br>Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.</i>

well at reef central i guess its ok for people to run there mouth like little kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you look back but you didnt so thank you again for posting

so you sell people on letting their water drop 4" in their tank to use the top bulkheads as returns im sure that looks great i see that all the time And dear Rc!@!!!!!! read over before you write me a post like i said they need to find someone else to argue with this isnt a place for that is it????? they do not have to post or read so tell your 15 year old members to shut up and to the guy whos tryn to start his business im sure i will leave plenty of comments on your new website its funny how thats works isnt it im sure your customers will get a laugh or at least I will!!!! so keep running your mouth :lol:

bye you can leave now!!!

QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10465443#post10465443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy Blaze
Wow, why so aggresive, we are only trying to help.

As for calling me out on my tanks, come to the Falls of the Ohio State Park.
I have a 1200 gallon reef, 1000 gallon FOWLR, 2000 gallon Native Fish, 400 gallon Propagation tank, 4 120 qtanks, a 75 and a 125, and a 9 10 gallon q tank system.

If you are ever in Louisville, KY you can chack out Bluegrass Cichlids. I set up their system, or 22 40 gallon and 5 60 gallon tanks, all on one sump, pump, etc.

You can look at my past threads on my 180 skimerless tank, my 120 skimmerless.

GO to large tank forums and look at the almost 11foot tank thread.

Again, we are only trying to help, no reason to get so defensive and start the name calling and such.

I understand your theroy of the siphon break, but that idea only works for returns not drains. If you have a hole in the top of the u, you will never get a siphon drain to work. As long as the pipe is as high as it is ( to the top of the water) it must work on a siphon drain, just like j tube over flow boxes.

Best of luck! I hope you try this outside first.
[/QUOTE]

i can tell you aint married u have no one to argue with but RC members or like i said do u hate your life and just want to fight with someone find a different thread and move on !!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10465972#post10465972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy Blaze
YEs, 4" of drop is much better than 20".

I am terribly sorry, but I am only posting calm rational suggestions.

You seem to be the arguementive one.

Again, best of luck, I hope you plan works.

Monti,

Even if you don't like the suggestions and help that experienced (and professional in at least one case) aquarists are offering you, remember they are trying to help you and not flame you.

The best way to make your siphon break work is to install a T with a 1/2 reduction and run a length of 1/2 pipe from the middle as a riser that goes above the level of the tank top. This will give you a large enough siphon break not to clog, and having the riser will allow the siphon break not to leak water all over the floor.

OH monti,

Pretty much everyone is giving you correct, insightful, patient advice.

If you continue on the path you're on, not only will you have a flood on your hands, but you're going to end up getting banned for acting like a jerk.

Reef tanks are all designed the same way, not because people aren't creative, but because they work best that way. The way you're setting it up is going to leave an incredibly high risk of flood, you're never going to be able to fully fill the tank, because if you go above the siphon-break hole, water is going to shoot out of that hole. This is honestly, a disaster waiting to happen.

If you dont want to take the advice, and think you're right, fine, just stop asking for people's approval.

Good luck with your new floors.

BTW, that U tube design is essentially a Carlson Surge Device. The water will always want to drain down to the bottom of that bulkhead, even with the pumps on. You will have a constantly fluctuating water level of several inches as that U tube breaks the siphon and than restarts. Could set up an interesting surge in the tank as well the surge in the sump.

i forgot how helpful this was!!!!!!!!!!!n so more people read the complete thread before you chyme in with your comments!!!!! i sick of telling you guys the same thing over and over how can there be a siphon with a hole in my pvc not possible will create air so will you leave these helpful comments like this one somewhere else cant wait tell this guy starts his business and finishes his web page so i can leave helpful comments like this so f off fgg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10460680#post10460680 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy Blaze
What do you know, you only have a basic drawing of plumbing that a 5th grader can do!:D

You try and give some people some constructive advice and they jump down your throat. Thank you Brian. He was out of line.
I kinda wanted to see what happened when he tried to fill his system, but I am pretty sure I already know, ha ha ha.

Well, it is based on a concept that works, but the surface area of the tank is just too big compared to the piping..

Id really like to figure out what the ratio of tank area to height of the "trap" would need to be in order to have something like that actually work.. never mind the lack of surface skimming tho..

nice tank btw millie.. what LFS's do you go to out on your side of town?

How funny is that, the wuote he posted of me, was just me rewriting what he said earlier in the same thread!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10459251#post10459251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by oh monti !!!!!
Rich conley no pics of your plumbing? those are some nice schematics you have RICH in your gallery it looks just like a picture my niece drew

Thx XSiVE. I don't frequent the LFS all that much, all of my equipment and most of my livestock I buy online. Once in a while I'll hit up Aquatic Discoveries on Ryan & 15 mile, or Oceans & Seas on 10 mile and Gratiot. I really need to join a club though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10466716#post10466716 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by XSiVE
Well, it is based on a concept that works, but the surface area of the tank is just too big compared to the piping..

Id really like to figure out what the ratio of tank area to height of the "trap" would need to be in order to have something like that actually work.. never mind the lack of surface skimming tho..

nice tank btw millie.. what LFS's do you go to out on your side of town?

It's not the surface area of the "bowl" that makes that design work in your toilet, but rather the large diameter siphon break in your houses drain plumbing that extends up to the roof ;)

Back